Download and play up to thirty minutes as a free trial.* Purchase GTA: Chinatown Wars Full Game as a one-time, in-app purchase to play without any time limits.
Following his father's murder, Huang Lee has a simple mission: deliver an ancient sword to his Uncle Kenny to ensure his family retains control of the Triad gangs of Liberty City. Huang is a spoiled rich kid who expects everything to run smoothly, but his trip does not go exactly as planned. After being robbed and left to die, he will search for honor, riches and revenge in the most dangerous and morally bankrupt city in the world.
Software license terms in game and at www.rockstargames.com/eula; online account terms at www.rockstargames.com/socialclub.
Non-transferable access to special features such as exclusive, unlockable, downloadable or online content, services, or functions may require single-use serial code, additional fee and/or account registration (varies 13+). Access to special features require internet connection, may not be available to all users, and may, upon 30 days notice, be terminated, modified, or offered under different terms. Violation of EULA, Code of Conduct, or other policies may result in restriction or termination of access to game or online account. For customer & tech support visit www.rockstargames.com/support.
This videogame is fictional; doesn’t depict any actual event/person/entity; & any similarities are coincidental. Take-Two doesn’t endorse or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in game. Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, transmission, public performance, rental, pay for play, or circumvention of copy protection is strictly prohibited.
*Free trial limited to one per user. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited.
General fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, my personal favorite GTA
I love GTA Chinatown Wars, and it's nice to see that it's been kept up to date. I've played through this game a couple of times—on my PSP, and the on my iPod touch. Now I'm playing on my new iPad, but something kind of bugs me.
The PSP version had noticeably better graphics than the iOS version at the time. While that isn't quite the case now (as the iOS version can run at much higher, crisper resolutions), the PSP version still has better lighting effects. Night had a great atmosphere in the PSP version, especially during police chases. In this version, night just feels flat. The lack of the lighting effects that are in the PSP version doesn't make much sense to me considering how much more powerful iOS devices are compared to it, but oh well. Would be great if those were added in.
I am SO impressed by this top-down GTA game
I never particularly liked the original GTA and GTA II too down games in the franchise, so I had always been hesitant to try this one. But after recently playing and beating GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, and Liberty City Stories (getting 100% completion on them all except III) I had to try this one out. And let me say I LOVE IT. I love the cel-shaded graphics, the game looks so cool and charming. I love that the game upholds mature themes despite having been made for a Nintendo portable console originally and it makes clever use of the touch screen compatibility for unique gameplay and features. This game is awesome.
Rockstar really blessed us by making these games on iOS and I am going to be so sad when I no longer have any other ones to beat and master. Give us Vice City Stories on mobile, Rockstar!!
I love this game
1. Brings me back to my childhood playing GTA 1 and 2.
2. Much better graphics than the DS version.
3. No wifi or data required to play. I can literally play this game anywhere.
1. Buttons are a bit small and close together. Instead of braking/reversing, sometimes I’ll shoot or jump out of the vehicle.
2. The wanted level stars are very tiny.
3. The Independence (custom) radio station keeps playing the same song from the beginning every time I exit and enter the vehicle.
4. I can’t find a way to message Rockstar Games to report bugs.
1. When talking to a drug dealer there is a star if there is a special deal and a red down arrow if the price is bad or good. There is no green up arrow so you have to check every drug individually to see if there will be a profit.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rockstar Games, Inc.
- 958.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- ©2002-2023 Rockstar Games, Inc. Rockstar Games, R*, Grand Theft Auto and Liberty City Stories marks/logos are Take-Two Interactive Software trademarks. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- GTA: Chinatown Wars Full Game $4.99