Take back control of your personal data with the protection of Guardian Firewall and VPN.
We believe people should be able to use apps on their digital devices without their data being sold to unknown third parties. Data that you’re not always aware that you’re sharing, such as confidential information, travel patterns, and lifestyle.
Guardian Firewall blocks unauthorized third parties from secretly collecting your personal information while adding an extra layer of security from hackers and insecure websites with our powerful VPN, protecting passwords, search history, and other sensitive data.
Our Guardian Pro subscription service is the protection of Guardian with the following additional features:
• Customized Blocklists: Add individual hosts or IP addresses to be effectively blocked, as well as try our experimental Guardian-curated firewall rules, for a privacy experience tuned to your needs
• Push Notifications: Instant notifications when your device attempts to connect to an unwanted connection to further assist in identifying a culprit app or website. Easily filter notifications by type of Alert
• Generate & Export Credentials: Create additional sets of VPN credentials to secure your other devices capable of establishing IKEv2 or WireGuard connections (includes ability to export preset .mobileconfig or .conf files for IKEv2 or WireGuard respectively)
• Family Sharing of subscriptions is now available to Pro users. Share your subscription to 5 additional family members (5 different Apple IDs) with no additional cost.
Guardian Day Passes are available for $0.99 each in 24 hour increments. Purchase as many Day Passes as you’d like, choose to activate some right away, or share a few with friends and family.
Guardian subscription service is available for $9.99 per month, or $99.99 per year
Guardian Pro subscription service is available for $149.99 per year.
• Firewall: Block unwanted connections to location trackers, mail trackers, generic data trackers, and other online nuisances.
• VPN: All internet activity is sent through a persistent, fast, and secure, IKEv2 or WireGuard based tunnel, keeping internet service providers, hackers, and other unwanted entities from accessing your personal data.
• Privacy: Your VPN connection is authenticated with an automatically generated random identity, enabling access only by using the digital In-App Purchase receipt stored on your mobile device after purchase. (No personal information needed)
• Best In-Class IKEv2 Encryption: Data sent through the VPN tunnel using IKEv2/IPsec is encrypted using AES-256 to protect against interception by unauthorized parties.
• Support For Modern Standards: WireGuard connections are available on every server allowing you to freely choose which transport protocol to use without any compromises.
• Mask your IP: Your IP address and other device identifiers will be masked from third-parties in order to help protect your identity.
• Region Selection: Control your connection by selecting regions such as the United States, England, the Netherlands, Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Singapore and many more, that cover our global network of servers.
• Safe Browsing: Aggressive ads and web page hijackers are blocked by the Firewall, giving you an uninterrupted web browsing experience in any browser, without the need for browser extensions with direct access to your web browser.
• Alerts and Alert Filtering: Swipe up on the Alert menu to view all blocked, unwanted connections. Easily filter by type, or tap an Alert for more detailed information.
• Fast Connection: No impact on speed or performance.
• Support up to five iOS devices using the same AppleID
• Contact Technical Support available in-app for any questions or issues
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, concerns, or reports of potential security issues.
This update includes a few small items to prepare for new feature releases expected in upcoming updates.
FIXED: Blocklist switch at the very top of the interface now properly toggles your chosen blocklist items to ON, instead of enabling all items in all groups
ADDED: Once the blocklist feature is enabled, the total items blocked is shown as well as a per group count
FIXED: The home screen & lock screen widgets that seemingly had issues with iOS 17 are now fixed and working as expected
FIXED: The server region selection list would not properly show the checkmark indicator if the selected region was initially rendered past the bottom edge of the screen
ADDED: The Guardian family has grown a little in recent days. The team congratulates S&D! We are all very excited for the future
- - -
If you are a Guardian Pro subscriber and have not yet tried our macOS app (including WireGuard support), please visit our website to download the app and try it out.
Access to the macOS app is already included with your Guardian Pro subscription.
Thank you very much for your feedback and continued support.
Ratings and Reviews
The Best Customer Support and VPN
I can honestly say this is one of the best VPNs I’ve used and I have tried them all. I like the fact it gives you a notification when it blocks something and what it blocked. I know it’s working. The customer support is great. They worked with me when I had an issue and they stayed up on it till it was resolved. Give it a try and I bet you’ll think so too. 👍🏻👍🏻
Good fast network switching, loses login info
Favorite part of this app is how well it switches between networks when it’s on. It’s basically instant and I can go between multiple WiFi points in the building and cellular and the app reconnects flawlessly every time.
What I don’t like is that the app loses my login info, for example if I have to restart my phone or it dies before I can charge it.
One feature request: enable / disable VPN based on geofencing or other rules.
I use this more to simply have a private VPN at work than to have the blocking features. I’ve found that the blocking features of the app can be aggressive and that apps can perform sub-optimally, so I basically use very generic blockers for FB / Meta and the like, vs. anything related to app reporting. I’ve had no luck getting around blackouts because the providers detect “I’m on a VPN” and I think this goes for just about any VPN these days. I wish there were more detailed descriptions about what the implications are / what kind of data is captured within the default selections Guardian provides for each entry in the blocklist. I.e. “You want to block firebase because xyz.”
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! Just so you are aware, we have shipped a fix for the login issue, the app update should be live within the next few days!
Still tremendously inconsistent
My reviews have gone from 5-star shortly after I helped with the pilot app, to 4-star when it got a bit more saturated and flaky, to 3 when certain map sites and an online list by craig started blocking, down to 2 stars when it seemed to break my connection 10-15% of the time, and now down to 1-star because now almost half the time I can even receive a text while this has been running for an hour or so.
I know the other VPNs do not offer the same incredibly necessary blocking, but when I use my other paid VPNs my connections are reliable 99% of the time instead of 30-45%.
Wish I could still use and love this app. I will not be renewing once this year is up.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sudo Security Group, Inc.
- 18.7 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Sudo Security Group, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Guardian Firewall (Monthly) $9.99
- Guardian Firewall (Day Pass) $0.99
- Introductory Offer $0.99
- Guardian Firewall (Annual) $99.99
- Quarterly $26.99
- Guardian Day Pass (Multiple) $0.99
- Guardian Pro (Annual) $149.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.