Available only with a Guardian digital subscription.
Experience digital news differently. The UK Daily brings you the coverage you need for the day, giving you a considered alternative to your never-ending news feed.
Beautifully designed and easy to navigate on mobile and tablet, the UK Daily brings you the stories that matter every morning.
Download as part of a Guardian digital subscription to enjoy:
- A new way to read: the UK newspaper, reimagined for mobile and tablet
- Updated daily: each edition is available to read by 6am (GMT), 7 days a week
- Easy to navigate: read cover to cover, or swipe to the sections you care about
- Multiple devices: beautifully designed for your iPhone or iPad
- Read offline: schedule a download and read whenever it suits you
- Ad-free: enjoy The Guardian’s journalism uninterrupted, without adverts
- Enjoy our other editions: Australia Weekend and other special editions are all included in this app as part of your subscription
The Guardian Editions app can be enjoyed as part of a Guardian digital subscription. Find out more on the subscribe page of The Guardian website.
Terms and conditions:
This release includes the following changes:
Minor bug fixes
Some performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
New version has poorer navigation
Still a great read but the removal of the section navigation bar at the top of each page is a disaster. User interface design conventions point to "fewer clicks" for better navigation - this version now requires bringing up a drop down menu and clicking on a section to get there - takes longer and more clicks than swiping and scrolling along the navigation bar. It is like it has been designed for a regular web page rather than the IPad.
Please get with the program and bring back the navigation controls that are iPad oriented rather than conventional web controls.
Excess photo/text on front page: why not select other countries?
Guardian news coverage is excellent. Need to change overall front page ratio, smaller or fewer pictures, more text on what the story is about. Or, at least let user pick if the want more pictures or more text. Also, navigation is awkward. Both NY Times and Washington post get balance and navigation better.
Separate issue, why is "Guardian Editions" UK and Australia, and a separate App, "The Guardian" is needed for US coverage?
Never able to log in
I paid for a subscription through Google and have the bill to prove it. I lost access shortly afterwards (I got a few weeks) was never able to log back in. Attempts to generate a new password always failed, I never received any communication. Tech support at the guardian were completely unhelpful and I was never able to solve the problem. I am glad the money went to a good cause but was astonished by the lack of access and support.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for leaving a review and I am sorry that you have had issues with this. If you have a subscription through Google Play, you will not be able to use this on Apple devices. Please send us an email using the Editions.firstname.lastname@example.org and we should be able to help further.
The Guardian Editions Team
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guardian News & Media Ltd
- 21.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2020, Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Everyday $15.99
- Sixday $12.99
- Sunday (add on) $1.99
- Sunday $8.99