Available only with a Guardian digital subscription.
Experience digital news differently. The UK Daily brings you the coverage you need for the day, giving you a considered alternative to your never-ending news feed.
Beautifully designed and easy to navigate on mobile and tablet, the UK Daily brings you the stories that matter every morning.
Download as part of a Guardian digital subscription to enjoy:
- A new way to read: the UK newspaper, reimagined for mobile and tablet
- Updated daily: each edition is available to read by 6am (GMT), 7 days a week
- Easy to navigate: read cover to cover, or swipe to the sections you care about
- Multiple devices: beautifully designed for your iPhone or iPad
- Read offline: schedule a download and read whenever it suits you
- Ad-free: enjoy The Guardian’s journalism uninterrupted, without adverts
- Enjoy our other editions: Australia Weekend and other special editions are all included in this app as part of your subscription
The Guardian Editions app can be enjoyed as part of a Guardian digital subscription. Find out more on the subscribe page of The Guardian website.
Terms and conditions:
This release includes the following improvements and fixes
Fix for Interview headline covering main image
Updated styling and copy for Special Edition Popup message
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
New version has poorer navigation
Still a great read but the removal of the section navigation bar at the top of each page is a disaster. User interface design conventions point to "fewer clicks" for better navigation - this version now requires bringing up a drop down menu and clicking on a section to get there - takes longer and more clicks than swiping and scrolling along the navigation bar. It is like it has been designed for a regular web page rather than the IPad.
Please get with the program and bring back the navigation controls that are iPad oriented rather than conventional web controls.
Excess photo/text on front page: why not select other countries?
Guardian news coverage is excellent. Need to change overall front page ratio, smaller or fewer pictures, more text on what the story is about. Or, at least let user pick if the want more pictures or more text. Also, navigation is awkward. Both NY Times and Washington post get balance and navigation better.
Separate issue, why is "Guardian Editions" UK and Australia, and a separate App, "The Guardian" is needed for US coverage?
Good for reading - but nothing else
To the programmers: don’t you think your users might want to: print a story? Share a link? Bookmark a recipe?
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guardian News & Media Ltd
- 15.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020, Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Everyday $15.99
- Sixday $12.99
- Sunday (add on) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.