** Featured in App Store “Best New Apps” and “Make Great Videos” **
Guerrilla Filmmaker is the go-to video camera app used by professional and aspiring filmmakers, documentary makers, vloggers and anyone wanting to get the most out of the camera in their pocket.
--- 5 STAR REVIEWS FOR GUERRILLA FILMMAKER ---
"Love it, gotta have it"
"The best, hands down, 4K video camera app!!!"
"This app has some serious caliber... Automation is the most amazing part in this app."
-- EXTENSIVE BUILT IN INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS --
Guerrilla Filmmaker has features that no other video recording app has. We also designed the interface for quick control using touch gestures. To help you get the most out of Guerrilla Filmmaker, every feature is demonstrated through an extensive set of in-app instructional videos.
--- ONE OF A KIND AUTOMATION FEATURES ---
Guerrilla Filmmaker is the only video camera app that lets you automate any camera function (focus, exposure, white balance, zoom) so that you can plan your shot, playback your automation sequence and record hands free.
Take full control by setting exact focus, exposure, white balance and zoom points and dial in the timing.
Set up a pull focus sequence from one subject to another. Automate changing exposure as you track from indoors to outdoors. Create any automation sequence you can imagine.
--- CREATE CUSTOM ASPECT RATIOS ---
Use one of the built in aspect ratios including Moondog anamorphic or create your very own.
Support for image flip, rotation and anamorphic squeeze to allow building aspect ratios for any custom external lens.
--- GESTURE SHORTCUTS ---
• Swipe to quickly change between focus, zoom, white balance and exposure
• Long press to focus or expose at image point
• Long press to bring up magnified inspection window for precise focus adjustment
• Double tap to lock all functions to manual mode
• Double tap to reset all functions to auto mode
• Double tap to quickly zoom in to a predefined magnification
• Swipe to remove interface elements for a clean viewfinder
• Start recording right from the iOS home screen by long pressing the Guerrilla Filmmaker icon and selecting a preset setting
--- VIDEO RECORDING FEATURES ---
• More fine grained settings than any other video recorder app
• Manual focus, exposure, white balance and zoom
• Auto mode
• 4K resolution (device dependent)
• All device resolutions available
• Video bit rates up to 150Mbps (device dependent)
• 48.0kHz or 44.1kHz audio sample rate
• Custom frame rates up to 240fps (device and resolution dependent)
• Choose any frame rate, not just predefined frame rates
• Built in aspect ratios (HD, 4:3, CinemaScope, Moondog lens, etc)
• Custom aspect ratios (build your own)
• Focus peaking tool
• False color tool
• HEVC and H264 video codecs
• Gray card calibration
• Video stabilization
• Support for external microphones
• Headphone monitoring
• Inbuilt microphone polar pattern selection
• Audio meter
--- CUSTOM PRESETS ---
• Save your settings as a named preset
• Add the preset as a home screen shortcut
• Long press the Guerrilla Filmmaker app icon and select a preset shortcut to begin recording immediately from the home screen with the desired settings
--- BEAUTIFUL FILM LIBRARY ---
• Share your clips via AirDrop or lightning cable connected via Finder app
• Share via iOS share-capable apps such as DropBox, Facebook, WhatsApp, iMovie etc
• Playback with adjustable frame rate to view in slow motion or fast speed
• Meta data displayed is read from the recorded file so you can be sure that what you have is what you expected
--- FEEDBACK & SUPPORT ---
If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know via in-app feedback or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep those feature requests coming and if you’re enjoying Guerrilla Filmmaker please consider leaving a review on the App Store.
Fixed audio sample rate bug where videos were sometimes recorded at a higher sample rate than the setting selected.
Fixed some layout issues on full screen devices.
Other performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Hands down, one of the best video recording apps
If you're into iPhone videographer even the slightest, this is an absolute necessary app. It's very stable, gives you more control than any other video recording app, and easy to use. The ability to set rack focus, zoom, exposure and color balance (and program them all to be controlled and changed at the same time) opens up for a ton of creativity that hasn't been done before on any other app. I definitely recommend it; Worth every penny.
I’ve just downloaded the app and shot a quick little scene just to check it out. I tried to export it to Luma Fusion for fx and noticed there’s no way to export the video unless you import via file sharing to a computer. It’s possible I’m missing something since I just purchased it but if there’s no way to share/move the videos besides a computer then this app was a poor choice for me. In this modern age most individuals want to move their files around without being restricted to a computer. This is the only major flaw for me and it’s likely I’ve wasted my money. If exporting video isn’t a problem for you then I’d highly recommend this application.
Developer Response ,
Hello and thanks for the feedback.
There is actually a way to share movie files other than through iTunes file sharing. In the film library you can swipe right on the large thumbnail to reveal the share and delete options. The share options allow you to copy to the camera roll or other apps or share via AirDrop.
We realize this option is a bit hidden and will be making it a little more obvious in a future update. Hope this helps.
My Fav Video Recording App
I’ve used many of the popular video apps, recommended because of its manual control or flat color profiles, but this app is my favorite. It’s slick, easy to use, the manual controls are intuitive. I can customize settings and use my anamorphic lens. Frame rates are excellent, they drop far less often than other apps. Shooting at 60fps is clean, no stuttering. The only thing I haven’t been able to figure out is how to get the record button on my osmo mobile 4 to work with this app. Otherwise, highly recommend this app.
Make it work with a Bluetooth remote or gimbal please, then I’ll give it 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your review! It’s great to hear your valuable feedback. We are actively working on some major updates and support for third party gimbals is high on our list of feature requests.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Guerrilla Apps Ltd
- 38.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Guerrilla Apps Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.