- Guess the words by clicking letter in grids.
- Unravel the mystery sentence with Hangman-game mechanics.
- Learn famous English proverbs & phrases in puzzle format.
This is a words-guessing puzzle game where you find phrases by guessing which letters and words are in the mystery phrase. You can learn the meanings of various English language proverbs and idioms while playing the game.
The game-play is similar to the classic Hangman game, but with proverbs, idioms, wise-sayings and famous quotes. You're presented with a fill-in-the-blank letters, along with alphabet letters in keyboard grids which you can choose to fill in the blanks. Complete the mystery phrase and proverbs by guessing which letters are on it.
Tap on a letter and if the letter is in the phrase, it will be placed in the appropriate position (or positions if the letter appear in multiple places). If the letter isn't in the phrase, then you lost a guess. Keep trying. You have a limited number of guesses, so try to complete the phrase without running out of guesses. If you fail to guess the phrase, don't worry, retrying is just one easy button away.
Don't know where to start guessing? There's a clue area which describes the meaning of the phrase to help you get started.
- Hundreds of phrases and proverbs to solve in a fun guessing-game format.
- Clean and beautiful user interface.
- Several different themes to suit your preferences, from modern, minimalist, to classic.
- Phrase list screen, containing a list of the phrases that you have solved, along with their meanings. This is like a mini-dictionary of phrases which can be handy as a reference.
- A "Favorite" section, so you can mark your favorite prhases and proverbs and view to them later.
- No reason to get stuck in a puzzle because you can always retry the puzzle.
- Exercise your brain while improving English vocabulary, and sharpen one's language skill.
- Discover and rekindle various popular proverbs and idioms.
- Use the clue/meaning section as it may give you some ideas of what words are in the phrase.
- If you are not sure where to start guessing, one strategy is to start with common letters, such as 'A,' 'E,' or 'I' because they tend to appear in more English words.
- You can often reveal enough letters to guess one or more words even if you aren't familiar with the full phrase.
This app uses American-English (and in some cases Britain-English) vocabulary. The proverbs and phrases are all in English (with occasional Old English words). If you're not an English speaker or if you're learning English, the app might be a fun and educational activity to enhance your vocabulary and improve your knowledge of proverbs and idioms.
Marvel at the skillful and beautiful use of words of whoever invented these proverbs and idioms. Discover the meanings of various popular proverbs and idioms, so that you know what they mean the next time you hear or read them. Learn proverbs and idioms and their meanings while solving puzzles. Be intrigued by wise-words from the past and present. Or just play the game and have fun.
We hope you enjoy the game!
- Fixed some typos and clarified some words.
- Updated SDKs and libraries.
Ratings and Reviews
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- F Permadi
- 88.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018-2020 F. Permadi
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.