Let us guide you through the historical site of Alhambra in Granada, Spain.
This guide covers 40 of the most important historical structures at the Alhambra. It offers a full description and photos of every building and markings on the GPS controlled map shows where the structures are placed.
Using TTS (text to speak) your smartphone will act as an audio guide and will read the texts out to you loud, as you visit the different buildings. The voice used is the default Apple speaker voice which is already installed on your device. All you need to do is to press “Play” at the button of a selected text, and the chosen text will be read out to you.
Either you can use our predefined tour of the highlights of the area, or you can plan your own tour to the area. Simply use the Tour Planner features to select the buildings you would like to see and then follow you own route while visiting.
Features included in the app:
- Description and history of 40 of the buildings at The Alhambra.
- Pictures of the buildings.
- Audioguide using TTS (text to speech).
- Tour planner to create your own unique route through the area.
- Markings of the buildings on a GPS powered map.
- A full description of the history of the entire area.
The guide covers the following buildings at The Alhambra:
- Puerta de las Granadas (Gate of Pomegranates)
- Torres Bermejas (Red Towers)
- Pilar de Carlos V (Charles v's Pillar)
- Puerta de la Justicia (Gate of the Cisterns)
- Puerto del Vino (Wine Gate)
- Plaza de los Aljibes (Square of the Cisterns)
- Patio de Machuca
- Mexuar (Formerly Audience chamber)
- Patio de los Arrayanes (Court of Myrtles)
- Sala de Embajadores (Hall of the Ambassadors)
- Torre de Comares
- Tocador de la Reina (Queen's Dressing Room)
- Sala de las Dos Hermanas (Hall of the Two Sisters)
- Patio de los Leones (Court of Lions)
- Sala de los Abencarrajes
- Sala de los Reyes (Hall of Kings)
- Palacio de Carlos V (Charles V's Palace)
- Baños (Baths)
- Torre de las Damas (Ladies' tower)
- Torre de los Picos
- Torre del Cadi (Judge's Tower)
- Parador de San Francisco
- Torre de la Cautiva (Tower of the Captive)
- Torre de las Infantas (Tower of the Infants)
- Torre del Cabo de la Carrera (Tower at the End of the street)
- Torre del Agua (The Water Tower)
- Torre de los Siete Suelos (Tower of Seven Storeys)
- Torre de los Abencerrajes
- Torre de los Carros (Tower of the Carts)
- Entrance to Generalife
- Jardines Nuevos (New Gardens)
- Patio de la Acquia (Court of the Water Channel)
- Patio de la Sultana (Court of the Sultana)
- Jardines Altos (Upper Gardens)
- Torre de la Pólvora (Powder Tower)
- Jardines de los Adarves (Gardens of the Wall-Walk)
- Torre del Homenaje (Tower of Homage)
- Torre de las Armas (Tower of Arms)
- Torre de la Vela (Watch Tower)
Fixed the back button
Corrections to styles
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.