Do you like learning about dogs? If you do, then you have come to the right place. Inside you will find an exhaustive list of all of them. Better yet, your experience is not limited to what we provide, as the application ties directly into web services to provide additional images and other resources so you can continue to explore and learn. Search for keywords, bookmark your favorites, browse images, and have a lot of fun. You might even learn something!
Top Features Include:
- List of each dog breed (over 400 breeds)
- Details on hair length, color, how the breed arose, etc.
- See images of each one
- Add your own notes for each breed.
- Add your own photo for each breed (Using the camera or photo library)
- You can submit your own photo for possible inclusion in future versions.
- Swipe or click for navigation, the choice is up to you.
- Browse additional images and even view them full screen.
- Adaptive web server search algorithm provides constantly better image results for base thumbnails.
- Fully retina compatible for iPhone and the new iPad
- Full text search.
- Browse by country of origin.
- Personal favorites list.
- Explore further with integrated web searching. No need to leave the application.
- A fully universal application that can be used on iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. No need to purchase a separate app for your iPad.
- On the iPad the application will work in all orientations. You can hold it any way you like and it will keep up.
- Developed by an experienced programmer. No crashing, memory leak problems, or other annoying experiences.
- A dedicated developer who will add more features and keep improving the application. I love to get suggestions of features.
- A low price. Why pay more money for lesser apps?
- Updated for new SDK.
- Minor bug fixes and tweaks.
- Text updates.
Ratings and Reviews
I really like this app! However....
So far I really like the app! It’s very informative! However, I noticed that there are a couple of AKC recognized breeds that were not listed. Such as the Belgian Sheepdog (Groenendael), Malinois, and Tervuren. Now, I may be a little biased because I have a Belgian Sheepdog, but I think those three breeds, as well as the Laekenois (Which is a variation of the Belgian Sheepdog in Europe, and therefore shares history with the other three named breeds), should be on here. There are just over 200 breeds that are recognized by the AKC. I just think that as there are about 400 on this app, that all the recognized breeds should be on here...
That is my only real criticism for this app at the moment.
Guide To Dog Breeds: A FANTASTIC App
I went on the App Store looking for a guide to dog breeds.
When this came up I was hooked! A-lot! I downloaded the
app and saw all the information they gave about these dogs
and all the different dog breeds that are on the site. It’s fun all day learning new dog breeds and info about these dogs. You
can read articles and get photos of these breeds. One other
cool feature is Origin. It’s this: You can pick dog breeds by
country and check the dogs out. There’s all this in one app.
The price was completely worth it. Thank you for this app
I am a huge dog lover and this app is perfect! If you type in the breed of a dog you think you're seeing, a bunch of similar dogs come up as well so I can be right every time! I recommend this to all dog lovers who want to learn a bit more about their favorite breeds or awesome breeds they've never heard of!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.