Essential guitar utilities, with a steam-punk themed twist! Guitar machine is the ultimate assistant for tuning, timing, and chords, for the steam-punkishly minded guitarist.
****** Special Introductory Sale ******
We love Guitar Machine so much, we want to share it with everyone. For a limited time, we are offering Guitar Machine for a special introductory sale price. Get it while it's hot!
Do you want to tune your guitar and lookup chords? Do you pine for a bygone era in an alternate reality in which technology and victorian style are merged to form the ultimate in form and functionality?
Well look no further! Guitar Machine is *the* app for you!
- Simply *THE* most accurate chromatic tuner in the entire app store! No other tuning app is as accurate as this tuner, guaranteed! Beats the competition with accuracy in the sub-cent range (the human ear can almost never hear differences beyond this range, so it's perfect!).
- Auto-tuner is highly intuitive -- The UI is geared towards both chromatic tuning and string-based tuning simultaneously with a beautiful intuitive interface. The top dial allows you to tune with sub-cent precision, while the bottom 'string track-light' lets you know where you are relative to a real string (just in case your plucked string is way off). If you decide to use the string-based approach, over 40 alternate tunings are supported! Or, you can tune to ANY pitch with the chromatic tuner, with extreme accuracy.
- REVERSE chord name lookup! Now you can find out what that funky chord you just discovered is called!
- Beautiful steam-punk themed graphics
- Gorgeous sound -- professionally recorded strings and metronome instruments
- Full-featured chord dictionary
- Metronome with temp range from 30-300 BPM, and over 12 time signatures and many instruments to choose from.
COMING SOON (in Version 2.0):
- More instruments
- Even more chord variations
- More secret awesome features
Stunning graphics and top-shelf features make for a winning combination!
- Updated app to support latest iPhones and iPads and work on newer iOS versions going forward. No more warnings that the app is old!
- App now runs at the proper aspect ratio on iPhone 5,6,7 and up
- Added Banjo and Ukelele support for the String Tuner and Auto Tuner screens (select them as a possible tuning)
- Added "auto-pluck" button to the String Tuner screen for convenience when tuning by ear to have the selected string auto-pick repeatedly
- Code cleanup and bug fixes -- thanks beta testers!
- Improved app performance internally
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
WOW! I love the update -- the app is now in HD for iPhone 4's retina display! SWEEET!
I downloaded this app because I love the steampunk aesthetic. Its dark colors and rich textures have always attracted me.. I can't get enough steampunk. And, as far as steampunk goes, this app does it beautifully.
On top of that, it's simply a great set of guitar tools.
The chromatic tuner truly is really top notch. I haven't used a tuner this accurate on an iPhone. I work in the recording industry and this tuner performs as well as $100 professional grade stand-alone tuners.
The reverse chord finer rules! Now when I play a new funky chord or when I want to impress my jazz friends, I just input whatever wacky combination of notes I want and this app tells mr what it's called. F#min(add9)/C# FTW!!
So basically, a really good app: hats off to the devs! Beautiful graphics meet superb functionality in this app!
PS: The new icon is kickass! :D
Best of the rest
The steampunk treatment on this feature-filled app is really the icing on the cake. As a pro guitar player of 30 years, this app is the only one to combine a very accurate tuner (I own a Boss TU3 and TC Electronic Polytune in addition to a Taylor clip-on tuner for acoustic guitar), great metronome, and extensive chord dictionary. The best feature, however, is the reverse chord lookup. This let's you take all those weird jazz and progressive rock chords you've played for years, and actually be able to give them a proper name. I'll still keep Guitar Toolkit around for the scale charts, which this app lacks. This near-perfect, cool looking app would be my only one (and 5) if the developers would add the scales. Killer job, otherwise. Oh yeah, and nothing touches this at it's bargain price.
I got this app right before a gig. The dressing rooms were heavily air conditioned and my strings kept mutating pitch. This little app was a champ. I love the + and - percentage window. I toyed with some of the other features (metronome, chord finder, etc.) and they were thoughtful and easy to use. I wasn't able to hear the chord I entered, but that may have been pilot error. I highly recommend this app. Kudos to the authors...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.