Guitar Notepad helps you easily and quickly jot down song ideas in guitar tab, save them to the cloud and email them to band mates.
I created this app as I found that when playing around with ideas on my own, or after a jam session, I was still using paper to jot down ideas. I have tried some of the other tab writing apps out there but none of them used the touch screen like a guitar fret board which really speeds things up. I'm keen to make this app as useful as possible so please feel free to contact me if you want any new features added.
Create and Edit Tab:
- Edit song details like title, artist, transcribed by and tempo
- Add time signatures, lyrics and performance notes
- Add chords, strum patterns and lyrics above your tabbed notes (no other apps I've seen support this!)
- Add any number of strings and custom tunings including 4,5,6 and 7 string guitars/bass guitars
- Use touch screen to quickly add notes with a single tap
- Choose from common chord patterns to save time
- Add techniques likes slides, hammer ons, pull offs muted notes, harmonics, tremolo, vibrato, ghosts/ties, tapping and more
- Backspace as well as delete button for faster editing
- Cut, copy and paste sections of tab, even between different songs
- Undo button - the last 10 actions are recorded and can be undone
- Continuous chord mode - saves having to perform an extra tap to start adding chords
- Option to view notes on the fret board
- Supports repeated bar notation
- Tab Playback (no note modulation for now)
- Can change guitar neck to left handed view
- Supports note lengths from whole notes to 1/64, dotted notes and triplets
- Add a capo
View, Export and Share:
- Export to PDF or text
- Transpose songs up and down
- Organize songs by artists or use tags to create albums and setlists
- Use autoscroll to view tabs and play along
- Layout optimised for both tablets and phones
- Zoom in and out depending on your screen size
- Print from device
- Save songs to file in your cloud storage like Dropbox, or export via email.
- Ability to perform a full backup and restore - useful if you are switching devices
- Import songs shared from other people's Guitar Notepad apps
- View and search through your songs by title, artist name or last modified time
- Changed file storage settings so max size is increased
- Fixed bug where tab not always visible at start of Section Edit screen
- Improved native dialog boxes
- Fixed order of string labels in Chord display screen
- Corrected octaves on Ukulele Baritone tuning to D3 G3 B3 E4
- Added A#/Bb toggle for fret note labels
- Save chord vs note mode for each section individually
- Added support for repeats in playback
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app, please add sound!
Nothing else does what this app can do. I have needed something like this for years.
The best improvement would be to add sound so I can hear the notes being played back. Please put that in the next update and I will change to 5 stars!
I’m new to writing tabs that look so great!! I’ve already had a couple suggestions (since I play less popular instruments like banjo and mountain dulcimer). Phil got right back with me and was receptive to adding those.
After a week of using it I love it!! The only thing I’ve seen so far that would down rate it just a touch for me so far is that when I add a repeat the tab is uneven. That’s not a big deal or anything but the repeat makes it go just past the upper lines of tabs.
Overall very fun to mess around with.
I have a YT channel and I am making the tabs to what I’m posting so it’s definitely nice to have the ability to make good looking tabs.
Thanks so much for this app, and the price was amazing!!
So far, so good. But...
So far with my guitar the app works fine. But I’ve tried to make a custom for my mandolin, but the pitch of the strings are wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.