The Guitar Pro application allows all musicians to view and play sheet music and tablature created with the famous Guitar Pro tab-editing program for Windows and Mac.
This mobile version is the ideal companion for you to practice your favorite songs and share them any time, anywhere! Coming up with some arpeggio, a riff, a chord sequence? You can now note and save it all on the single-track tablature NotePad.
Powerful score player
• Supporting GP3/4/5/6/7 (.gp) and PowerTab (.ptb) file formats,
• Tab (with rhythmics), slash, and standard notations,
• Compatible with mySongBook portal to sheet music (monthly subscription and single buying),
• Switch between Dark and Light viewing modes,
• Load files via WiFi and web browser, iTunes, e-mail,
• Integrated sheet-music library with search, filters, and favorites,
• Multitrack player with soundboard: volume / solo-mute / soundbanks,
• Metronome and visual countdown,
• 3 zooming levels,
• Guitar or bass fretboard (for right- and left-handers), and virtual keyboard,
• On-the-fly tempo changes,
• On-the-fly global transposing by half-tones,
• Playing any selection in loops,
• Simplified navigation between sections,
• E-mailing files directly from the application,
• Exporting files to PDF,
• Compatible with the Fretlight Wireless Guitar.
NotePad tool to create a tablature
• Use the NotePad to edit a single-track tablature for guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele, and mandolin,
• Tablature for 4- to 8-string instruments,
• 19 built-in sounds,
• Customizable tuning and tempo,
• Export your ideas into Guitar Pro 6 and 7 formats so as to later carry on with your composition on the Guitar Pro desktop version.
The app is updated frequently, so feel free to contact our team to ask any question or give your feedback.
For more info:
Need help: https://support.guitar-pro.com
Q: Can I create or edit sheet music with this app?
A: Unlike Guitar Pro for Windows and Mac, this app does not let you change the notation in an existing Guitar Pro file, or create sheet music in standard notation. It is however possible to edit a single-track tablature with the NotePad tool and export your work into .gpx and .gp formats to finish your composition in Guitar Pro 6 or 7. Editing a drum track is not available with the NotePad tool.
Thanks for using Guitar Pro! We provide regular updates so it continues to work great for you.
This update includes minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
More like Guitar rank Amateur
While I use Guitar Pro all the time I really with this app was an editor rather than just a reader. I would have paid triple for an editor. The only thing you can do with this software is change voices of instruments, track amplitude, and tempo. Musicians on the go don’t want to just practice away from the computer. There are times where we collaborate with others and even just being able to write out new parts a collaboration has done, or even just jotting down some quick ideas would have been helpful. Even if they would take away the instrument voices. Do we really need more than one instrument voice per instrument on a phone app where you cannot write music in it? That was a stupid decision by Arobos. Add in the editor module and take out half those instrument voices. Users can go home and fill out the piece they are working on their computers with all the bells and whistles the desktop version has. Seriously I’ll pay upwards of $30-35 more than I already have to be able to edit in this app. Yeah I know I can edit a partial track. If the app doesn’t decide to crash when saving it and only saves first few bars if you’re lucky.
If you guys at Arobos back off the player angle and bring on full editing capabilities, you would corner the guitar tab app market. Especially if a one time purchase. It would crush that garbage wallet stealer pro guitar by ultimate guitar scam.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback and your suggestion. I have shared it with the dev team.
Awesome Guitar Practice App, but Not Much Like the PC Version
1/9/22 update: While this is a good and stable app, it pales in comparison to the Windows version. Sound quality is mediocre when a tab is slowed below 50%. There is no editing capability (you don't have that ability on purchased tabs in either version,however). Still, it's very worth it if you have a tablet.
Great app that lets you playback Guitarpro tab files. There are thousands of them on the internet or you can buy them from Arobas, the makers of GuitarPro. This app is not a substitute for the full PC/MAC version which allows editing of files and more realistic sound. However, as a portable practice app, it is perfect. Has slow-down and loop features, guitar tab, standard note display and multiple tracks that can be muted or solo'd individually. Extremely stable. I practice my guitar with it using an Ipad/Amplitube/Irig setup. Has a virtual guitar fretboard/keyboard which will display the notes as it's playing. A must have.
Wasted potential to be the best practice companion to guitar pro
I’m learning piano and guitar together with my daughter and guitar pro (desktop) has been an irreplaceable tool. I tab out pieces for her to practice and it’s super useful to have play along to get the rhythm right or sync with a teacher duet track. Guitar Pro beats MuseScore hands down on ease of use.
I have an iPad Pro and we use this app to practice. It’s just so much nicer to put a tablet in front on the piano instead of a laptop, even more so when I have a strat strapped over my shoulder.
Unlike other reviewers, I wish the app was more feature complete in the reader/practice use case. Some missing features that were felt:
- multi track view, so we can play piano duets. It’s useful for guitar too to see what the other guitars are playing.
- been able to select an exact tempo. I have a song at 100, 80 is comfortable while 90 is too fast. But I can’t select an 85 because the slider is at 0.1 increments.
- nicer sounds? Doesn’t sound as good as the desktop version
- bigger playback controls. This is already a read only app, make it nicer to use for this use case :)
- pencil annotations, nice to have, but awesome for the teaching use case
I’ve tried other apps like staffpad where it was promising, but writing on desktop GP was still faster than using the Apple Pencil. Why not make this a top notch GP reader to monetize the trove of pre-existing tabs?
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Browsing History
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Browsing History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Arobas Music
- 39.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Arobas Music
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.