The Guitar Pro application allows all musicians to view and play sheet music and tablature created with the famous Guitar Pro tab-editing program for Windows and Mac.
This mobile version is the ideal companion for you to practice your favorite songs and share them any time, anywhere! Coming up with some arpeggio, a riff, a chord sequence? You can now note and save it all on the single-track tablature NotePad.
Powerful score player
• Supporting GP3/4/5/6/7 (.gp) and PowerTab (.ptb) file formats,
• Tab (with rhythmics), slash, and standard notations,
• Compatible with mySongBook portal to sheet music (monthly subscription and single buying),
• Switch between Dark and Light viewing modes,
• Load files via WiFi and web browser, iTunes, e-mail,
• Integrated sheet-music library with search, filters, and favorites,
• Multitrack player with soundboard: volume / solo-mute / soundbanks,
• Metronome and visual countdown,
• 3 zooming levels,
• Guitar or bass fretboard (for right- and left-handers), and virtual keyboard,
• On-the-fly tempo changes,
• On-the-fly global transposing by half-tones,
• Playing any selection in loops,
• Simplified navigation between sections,
• E-mailing files directly from the application,
• Exporting files to PDF,
• Compatible with the Fretlight Wireless Guitar.
NotePad tool to create a tablature
• Use the NotePad to edit a single-track tablature for guitar, bass, banjo, ukulele, and mandolin,
• Tablature for 4- to 8-string instruments,
• 19 built-in sounds,
• Customizable tuning and tempo,
• Export your ideas into Guitar Pro 6 and 7 formats so as to later carry on with your composition on the Guitar Pro desktop version.
The app is updated frequently, so feel free to contact our team to ask any question or give your feedback.
For more info:
Need help: https://support.guitar-pro.com
Q: Can I create or edit sheet music with this app?
A: Unlike Guitar Pro for Windows and Mac, this app does not let you change the notation in an existing Guitar Pro file, or create sheet music in standard notation. It is however possible to edit a single-track tablature with the NotePad tool and export your work into .gpx and .gp formats to finish your composition in Guitar Pro 6 or 7. Editing a drum track is not available with the NotePad tool.
GP6 or GP7 files display the last track selected when the file was saved.
We regularly update the application to provide our users with the best possible experience.
Ratings and Reviews
More like Guitar rank Amateur
While I use Guitar Pro all the time I really with this app was an editor rather than just a reader. I would have paid triple for an editor. The only thing you can do with this software is change voices of instruments, track amplitude, and tempo. Musicians on the go don’t want to just practice away from the computer. There are times where we collaborate with others and even just being able to write out new parts a collaboration has done, or even just jotting down some quick ideas would have been helpful. Even if they would take away the instrument voices. Do we really need more than one instrument voice per instrument on a phone app where you cannot write music in it? That was a stupid decision by Arobos. Add in the editor module and take out half those instrument voices. Users can go home and fill out the piece they are working on their computers with all the bells and whistles the desktop version has. Seriously I’ll pay upwards of $30-35 more than I already have to be able to edit in this app.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback and your suggestion. I have shared it with the dev team.
Guitar Pro Lite
This is a great stripped/on-the-go version of Guitar Pro. Really handy for jotting down ideas-though it would be helpful to be able write using more than one track and to have the option to change time signatures or edit preexisting files. It will *read* all pre existing GP files but you can NOT edit them. To view multiple tracks on the pre made files, go into settings to view each one. You can download tabs from your browser and open directly in the app too which is helpful. I’ll rate 5 stars when/if more features are added to the note pad. Otherwise well worth the purchase
It doesn’t connect to my fretlight guitar.
I bought this app. To learn how to play songs. I search on the internet to find out why it doesn’t connect to my fretlight it has the bottom I pres to connect and nothing happens for me to writing this is because I being trying for the past 2 days to make it work and nothing happens I try to email you and ask me for user Id ? I bought it here in App Stores what user name ?
Sorry for the respond late. When you bought the app obviously you use your password to buy the app. And you downloaded you open the app ? And works right? If you respond is yes and that case you are ok. Now you say that you press the the guitar bottom and nothing happens? Now this could be a simple problem
1. Check the guitar if the battery is charge if blink it means it is
2 when you open the guitar pro. Go on the right corner where you see a little sign square for chords where you want to learn any scale or go where it says lessons when you are on either one ones you have open and you are ready to learn. You gonna see a Bluetooth sign is like dar gray color click that one. Is going to blink until you press the bottom on your guitar. And when both are connected that Bluetooth on the cellphone will turn on blue which means is connected but make sure your guitar blinks first before you connect because if the battery is dead it will not respond to your Bluetooth
I hope this help you.
Developer Response ,
It is possible to connect the app to the Fretlight guitars.
Can you please contact our support team for help here:
The Guitar Pro team
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Arobas Music
- 43.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Arobas Music
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.