One of the best sounding guitar apps around — with each single note of the guitar carefully recorded. Highly playable user interface with easy access to hundreds of chords that can be visualized just as they would be played on a real guitar.
With GuitarCapo, playing guitar and learning chords turns into a breeze. With simple clicks you can discover the most unique chords. In addition, you can use the built-in capo to transpose chords — just like on a real guitar! With GuitarCapo however, you are shown the name of the new chords you're playing!
Made with passion and 20 years of guitar experience.
"...One of our favourite apps, GuitarCapo+ is now even better..."
"...There are several "play like it's a real guitar" apps for iOS currently available, but what I like about GuitarCapo is its simplicity and unique versatility which no other app in its class offers..."
"... this is a very useful tool for any guitar player to have to hand on their iPhone or iPad..."
"... a virtual instrument and a whole lot more ..."
"... this is a very useful app indeed ..."
— thesoundtestroom @ YouTube
"... few combine the features of GuitarCapo+ ..."
Already downloaded in 80 countries.
You will find configurable buttons that provide direct access to hundreds of chords with a simple click. In the chord library you will find everything from simple chords to more advanced jazz chords. (full version give access to the extended chord library)
All chords can appear on a chord display indicating how they could be played on a real guitar. If you tap them, the chord will be played. This is an amazing way to learn new chords!
The effect mixer allows you to change the sound as you desire; pan each string, delay, reverb, distortion, EQ and volume. You can also save your settings for later use as a preset. (full version)
With support for Audiobus, you can use GuitarCapo as a virtual guitar and send sound directly to other apps that also support Audiobus. Read more about Audiobus at audiob.us
With support for Inter-App Audio (IAA) , you can use GuitarCapo as a virtual guitar and send sound directly to other music host apps also support IAA.
With MIDI-in support you can play the sounds in GuitarCapo from any other app sending MIDI or a external MIDI controller through i.e. your Camera Kit
Use GuitarCapo+ as a MIDI controller with MIDI out. This means that you can control the sound in other apps that support MIDI in, ie apps such as iGrand Piano, SampleTank or record MIDI in you favorite sequencer such as Cubasis
MIDI is available in the full version
- Adjustable strum speed (full version)
- Interactive Chord Chart
- Moving capo from 0 to 7 fret
- Select a chord by tapping a chord button
- Easy to set up new chords
- Play on one or several strings at once
- Support for Audiobus
- Inter-App Audio (IAA)
- Effects Mixer with individual string pan and delay, global reverb, distortion, EQ and volume (full version)
- Storing and loading your own effect presets (full version)
- MIDI-In support (full version)
- MIDI-Out support (full version)
- Sound selections on the fly (full version)
- Unique string fading feature
- Rotate chord buttons and displays
- Hundreds of chords! (full version)
- Online User Manual
- Hours of fun :)
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Please continue your support by leaving a review in the App Store. It means everything!
- New electric guitar with long samples (in full version)
- Two more buttons on the chord pads
- BPM-indicator (iPad only)
- BPM stepper (iPad only/in full version)
- 5 fingerpicking strum patterns (iPad only)
- New menu (iPad only)
- New design on the main screen (iPad only)
- Maintenance updates on audio engine and Audiobus/IAA libraries
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent sound. I would buy upgrade and give it five stars if the order of strings could be reversed. Playing a real guitar allows the thumb to sweep from low to high strings as it moves away from the body. The only was to achieve this playing this app is to play it upside down - unless I have missed something. simulation and playability is paramount. the sound is very good.
Ps the chord box should also be on the left which would suit 95% of the right handed population. CUSTOMISATION WOUDL HELP.
gonna give it a try
I think it's going to be amazing @ibrahlyne twitter !
The developer, TonApp AS, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- TonApp AS
- 146.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © TonApp AS
- In-App Purchases
- GuitarCapo+ $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.