GuitarLayers is a professional macOS guitar education software used by students, schools, teachers and pro guitarists.
It allows students and teachers to visualize and manage, scales, chords and arpeggios shapes through a fully parametric control interface.
GuitarLayers automatically generates Scales Modes, Chords or Arpeggios Inversions, Drop Voicings according to the modern guitar theories and it allows you to create Vertical shapes, custom Notes-Per-String shapes, CAGED shapes, Shapes on String Sets, for any common or custom scale, chord or arpeggio.
It enables you to visualize harmonic concepts by overlapping shapes automatically on the guitar fretboard, generating chord-scale and arpeggio-scale diagrams and it lets you to harmonize automatically any scale.
You can easily create multi-fretboard visualizations in real-time and export, print, organize and archive all your diagrams.
* All presets Scales are now available for Harmonization:
* New Scale added as preset: Raga Purna Pancama;
* New Instrument added: Guitar6StringsGBDGBD(OpenG);
* Internal reviews and optimizations;
* Bug fixing for Undo and Redo functions;
* Minor bug fixing;
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but some improvements would be highly appreciated
This app is very useful and very ergonomic but some suggestions :
- You cannot delete one individual note from a shape. Fortunately, most of the time you can find a suitable shape, but it’s a wasting time reviewing all differents shapes before findind the good one. And sometimes I was unable to find a good shape,for fingering purposes, so I have some note positions I cannot remove . The note removal is global where it should be individual.
- In addition to the global zoom, a vertical zoom should be implemented to adjust the fretboard heigth, and to display several fretboards , i.e. for rehearsal .
- No sound all all ( notes cannot be played ). For training or mobile situations, or without instrument, it can be useful to hear the notes. The final goal is playing music ;-)
- May we have a user defined default color set instead of the default white color ? Now, I have to create a default shape with default colors then clone it.
Other ideas for future versions: Add MIDI Clock or ReWire sync to automatically switch between groups or scrolling while using a DAW , and playing a song...
Scales, chords and every option lesson content
This a well thought out and well designed application with all the features, a storage file for all personally created scales and a well designed web page with some good learning material. I am pleasently suprised. I have had 20 guitar apps in three weeks looking for the right one.
I consider myself an IT professional since its my career. When I first logged in I did have to get accustomed the interface and the design. When you log in you create your own folder and start storing content there. I was unsure at first but the logic kicked in. I have been looking for an App that has all material required but an app that also me to build the learning scales/content I need and modify as I go. I was also pleased when I was able to adjust the layout of the UI. Everything can be printed and the print layout is a one pager and obviously well thought of. But then I wanted learning material/content to support my study of the guitar and all the voicings. I navigated over the webpage and found a good mix of quality videos, a forum and additional resources. I'm very happy with the App. As an IT professional I have seen people put together an app in 2 days. This is not the case. This is a well configured, developed and functional application for my MacBook.
sound would be totally awesome
I love this app. Great conception, great learning and teaching tool. Great way to create new ways to practice. I too think it would be so awesome to hear sounds, although I know the developer didn't intend to do this. still, would make an awesome app even more awesome.
Developer Response ,
We are working to improve the software and today we not exclude the possibility to add the sound feature in the future. Thanks for your feedback
The developer, MOREORLESS MUSIC SRL, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MOREORLESS MUSIC SRL
- 35.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2021 moreOrLess music
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.