GuitarScales is an app for guitarists that allows viewing many different scales with arbitrary base notes directly on a guitar neck. It displays the scale as positions on the neck, the names of the respective notes and highlights the base notes to ease learning of a new scale/base. You can also define your tuning, for instance show the scale in Drop D, an open tuning or a completely customized tuning of your own.
* easy to use interface that allows zooming in and out of any position on the neck
* supports many scales including major, minor, pentatonic scales (major, minor, blues) and church modes
* allows to define a completely custom scale, which may also be transposed!
* support for different tunings including open tunings
* allows to define a completely custom tuning!
* FREE version with iAds!
* compatible with all iOS devices
* minor bugfix
Ratings and Reviews
This is a really convenient app when it comes to helping me with scales.
I use this to improve on my scales and it is great. To me it doesn't have to look good. Plus I learn new notes on this one. So overall, great app for all guitarists out there!
Pretty cool app...
I like the way this app works overall.
Just a suggestion for the developers. It would be a good idea to change the background colors of the note markers behind the note letters on the fretboard as there is not enough contrast between the white letters and grey background. Also would be good if the root note markers were a bolder more contrasting color. Thanks for the free app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.