Detailed and easy-to-use offline maps. We have millions of points of interest (POI) on our maps. Record your GPS tracks and bookmark your favorite locations.
• Amazingly-detailed maps covering the entire world.
• Based on open data from OpenStreetMap project.
• Download once, then use offline without restriction.
• Maps updated monthly with most-recent fixes and additions.
• Turn-by-turn driving directions.
• Voice instructions while navigating available in 9 languages.
• Routes for Driving/Cycling/Walking/Shortest Distance.
• Automatic rerouting gets you back along your way.
• Supports intermediate points on your itinerary.
• Record your trips even when the app is in the background.
• Monitor your real-time speed, distance, and time traveled, as well as altitude right on the map during the trip.
• Choose from seven solid track colors, or altitude and speed gradients.
• Incredibly fast – results appear instantly as you type.
• Search in a variety of ways – by address, object name, category, or even by GPS coordinates.
• Searches simultaneously in multiple languages, making searching easier than ever.
• Save favorite places on your map.
• Choose from a variety of map icons.
• Sync your data across multiple devices.
• Data saved on a server as a backup.
OFFLINE MAP FILES SUPPORT [Pro]
• MBTiles (.mbtiles)
• SQLite (.sqlitedb)
ONLINE MAP SOURCES from thunderforest.com [Pro]:
OpenCycleMap, Outdoors, Transport, Transport Dark, Landscape, Mobile Atlas, Neighbourhood.
IMPORT AND EXPORT
• It's easy to export your tracks, bookmarks, or your whole travel collection as a KML or GPX file.
• Organized into collections for easy access.
• One-finger zooming.
• Trip computer with speed and altitude.
• Tracking mode.
• Coordinates and scale.
• Customize what objects are visible.
• 11 different map languages to choose from.
• Adjustable label size – large labels on maps are extremely useful while driving.
Without subscription it's possible to create up to 15 bookmarks, record up to 15 tracks and have only 3 vector maps downloaded on your device.
Subscription allows you to create unlimited bookmarks and record unlimited GPS tracks, download unlimited maps, sync between devices, use Pro map sources and import offline raster maps in sqlitedb/mbtiles format.
Guru Maps Pro offers two subscription options (prices may vary by location):
￦2,50 per month (with 7-day trial version),
￦1,200 per year (with 7-day trial version),
￦65,000 one time purchase (lifetime subscription).
For those who paid for any in-app purchase earlier, a lifetime subscription is activated automatically.
Should you choose to upgrade to a Pro subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
You may cancel automatic renewal and manage your subscription by selecting Manage App Subscriptions in your iTunes Account settings and selecting the subscription you want to modify. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a Premium subscription, where applicable.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Emoji at map sources.
Ratings and Reviews
Best in Class Open Street Maps App
Galileo is very polished and packed with features. I have used this to get around my own town online as well as other countries without cell service with great success.
The map quality for Open Street Maps is not as good as Google or Apple maps in my city, but the great part is i can fix errors in minutes instead of “reporting a problem” with the map and waiting months for it to be fixed.
Worth a try
I used this a few years ago when it was Galileo. I downloaded maps for 5 US states. The UI is confusing but you get used to it, so everyone I showed this to I would explain the UI so that they’d understand what it does. The map design is not as nice as other mapping apps but this app works offline, so I used it occasionally when I was out of signal range.
Since then, Galileo/Guru has changed their pricing from one time to subscription, and other apps have added offline use. HERE Maps has unlimited downloads, a simpler UI, and better map design; Google Maps has limited downloads but a nicer UI and more data on the maps.
I stopped using Galileo/Guru when I had to restore my phone from backup. It lost the maps it had already downloaded and wouldn’t let me download them again without payment. I understand why they raised their prices but it made me think about why I didn’t use it much (map design, ui, features), and led me to delete it. I don’t want to be reminded every month that I’m paying for something I only use occasionally; I only subscribe to things I use often.
It’s the right app for some people so *it’s worth a try* but it wasn’t worth the higher price for me so I’ve removed it and no longer show it to my colleagues.
Great map offline.
My family and I were trying to find a house in a remote area and our GPS on our phones couldn’t reach service where we were. Not to mention we wouldn’t be able to find our way back home. Luckily, a year ago, I decided to download this Guru map offline app and to my surprise, it worked offline like It said it would. So this is diffidently an app worth keeping. As well as a real map. Lol
Developer Response ,
So glad you are enjoying the app - stay tuned for our upcoming release!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Evgen Bodunov
- 140.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Evgen Bodunov
- In-App Purchases
- One-Time Purchase $49.99
- Guru Maps Pro Monthly $2.49
- Guru Maps Pro Yearly $22.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.