Did you know that the gut microbiome is associated with many diseases, including depression? The bacteria in the gut influence a number of systems in the body including the immune system and gut-brain axis. In this application, users can browse through information collected from scientific publications about the gut microbiome and its effect on the body and overall health. As new findings are emerging, it is important to stay connected to research about commensal bacteria, pathogenic bacteria, community perturbations, and other topics.
Key topics discussed include:
* Gut microbiome- associated statistics
* Key gut bacterial community members
* Diseases associated with gut bacteria
* The changing dynamics of the gut after perturbations such as administration antibiotics
* The relationship between gut bacteria and the brain through the gut- brain axis
* Complex interactions that occur between the gut and host immune system
* Examples of quantitative analysis of gut dynamics that is currently possible
* Key management strategies that could be employed to steer (hopefully) the gut microbial community in a desirable direction
* Tools and platforms that are used to measure/quantify the members and functions of the gut community
* Vocabulary related to gut microbiome
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.