GV Connect is the most feature-complete Google Voice application available for your iPhone or iPad — text, call, and interact with your existing GV accounts using a beautiful and streamlined interface that gives you full control over your account settings:
• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number - enter number directly, select a contact from your device's contacts, or call back any number in your history. The application supports direct call (iPhone only), callback (Click2Call), and offline calling (see application website for a description of these calling modes)
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number - including support for long SMS, group messages, picture messages (MMS – available as In-App purchase), and support for non-English messages. Supports in-line replies with an iMessage-like interface
• Automatically check for new messages and voicemails - even when the application is in the background
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) - voicemails will show the transcription of the message when available
• Un/-archive messages, mark them as un-/read or starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, trash or delete conversations
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note text - supports continuing searches online for messages that have not yet been cached locally
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb — including the option to have DND automatically expire at a specified time, message notifications, …)
• Add, verify, and remove forwarding phone numbers
• Quick Settings allow saving and restoring complete account settings (DND, forwarding, …) for easy switching between different profiles
• Support for automatic selection of Quick Settings based on current location (available as In-App Purchase)
• Direct access to your device's contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
• Quick access to favorite phone numbers for calls and SMS
• Universal application which runs optimized on iPhone (including iPhone X), iPod Touch, and iPad (including split-screen multi-tasking on supported devices running iOS 9 or later)
• Optional application passcode lock (with TouchID option on supported devices)
• Supports gesture navigation when typing text for easier placement of the cursor: swipe left/right with one or two fingers to move the caret position backwards/forward by character or word. Swipe left/right with three fingers to go to the beginning/end of the existing text
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion including support for fill-in snippets
* Recipient of an honorable mention in the 2010 Best App Ever Awards *
NOTE: An existing Google Voice account with a GV phone number is required to use this application - signup for new Google Voice accounts is currently limited to residents of the US. Please note that GV Connect is NOT a VoIP application and will not allow making or receiving calls from an iPad/iPod Touch without a separate VoIP application.
GV Connect stores your account password securely in your device's Keychain for faster login when launching the application. All communication is done exclusively via secure connections (SSL) to the Google Voice servers owned and operated by Google and no contact information (other than the contact's phone number which is required to place a call or send a message) is sent to Google or any other party. All operations are fully synchronized with your Google Voice account.
Please read the FAQ section on the application website if you encounter any issues or use the feedback email link in its about screen to ask for support.
• Resolve failure to send text messages containing newlines and other certain special characters.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best GV app with one flaw...
This app has been in active development for a very long time. Very dedicated developer that has worked hard to improve usability and squash bugs when they presented themselves.
The only issue I find is that I get all my notifications about missed calls a while after they happen. I might happen to look at my phone and see a missed call in the phone app. Then I head over to GV Connect to see if they left a message and GV connect will just be refreshing to let me know of the missed call. I have missed a lot of calls that way. I’ve had to enable email notification because of it. I don’t know what other setting to check but notifications just don’t happen in real time consistently and I can’t find a reason why unless iOS itself is doing something in the background. Otherwise it’s the perfect phone dialed app. I wish Apple let us replace the phone dialer with this one.
Essential App for Google Voice Users
I am a long time Google Voice user and a long-time user of this app. it now pretty much stands alone, as the other good Google voice apps all seem to have been abandoned.
The depth of all the features within this app is really quite astonishing — and cannot be fully appreciated until using it and digging in hard. I think that most fully committed Google voice users will really appreciate this app.
I am very grateful to the developer for continuously maintaining this app for many, many years, and also for being progressive in providing full support for the iPad. I have just purchased the two in app purchases as a show of my continued support. I would also encourage the developer consider offering a more robust push notification service that is triggered by user configured google voice email notifications that get sent to developer’s APN server. I would be willing to pay a modest, recurring subscription for this.
Google Voice Perfection
GV-Connect is by far the only Google Voice related app I would use. Especially now with its sms picture share that they have added.
I purchased this app approximately 4 to 5 years ago and I control 3 different google voice accounts and also use it to control my google voice number connected to my Obi-Talk home phone service.
Please keep us users updated.
Also, to all of the users of this app, if you are satisfied with this app, as much as I am, which I’m sure you are, please go to settings and give an occasional donation to the developers tip jar. GV-Connect charges a very low price for a very good service so I feel that it is worth much more than you pay for it. As a matter of fact, I’m going to the tip jar to donate again once I leave this review. I tip them about Once a year for this outstanding product and service they provide.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Andreas Amann
- 9.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2020 Andreas Amann
- In-App Purchases
- Location Awareness $0.99
- MMS Support $0.99
- Generous Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.