Gym Logger is the quintessential tool for logging and tracking workouts.
Built with a user-centered design to help you approach your workout goals with a plan and produce the best possible results at the gym. If you are a powerlifter, a runner, or just looking to build strength Gym Logger will help you stay on track.
You can easily create progressive barbell routines such as those you would find in StrongLifts 5x5, but with Gym Logger you can easily customize exercise sets and reps to create your own variations of workouts. Unlike other fitness apps our pricing is simple. You pay only $4.99 once and get all the features of Gym Logger and plus all new features for free!
• The most intuitive interface of any fitness app
• Choose from a variety of strength and cardio exercises and create your own exercises.
• Use your Apple Watch to log workouts. Workout seamlessly with or without your iPhone.
• Create your own workouts and setup a schedule to receive reminders.
• Coaching cues for all exercises with new exercises added on request.
• Advanced stats show your progress over time.
• Auto Rest Timer allows you to keep track of breaks. Customizable for every exercise!
• Support many exercise types including Cardio, Weighted body weight, Assisted body weight, duration and reps only.
• Mark sets as warm up, 1 rep max, failure or drop sets
• Track your progress with graphs for Volume, Sets, Reps, Toughest sets, and 1RM Progression.
• Automatically back up your data on iCloud!
• Support for Apple Health allows you to track calories burned and sync workouts with Activity App
• Warm Up Set generator tells you which weights to warm up with. Customizable by training type.
• Support for Imperial (lbs) and Metric (kg) weights, or a combination of both
• Add notes to workouts and exercise groups
• Share workouts with friends!
* Filter exercises by body type.
* View most recent set next to each exercise.
* Ability to view individual sets within exercise history.
* Use workout info from iCloud when watch is not within reach of iPhone.
* minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs more frequent updates
Although it’s basically a very good application, it hasn’t been updated for at least a year while there are numerous potential improvements that can be done there.
1. Updating the list of exercises:
Although we can add new exercises by ourself, the provided list of exercises are extremely incomplete in a way that in most of the time, one can’t find the exercises among the list and should manually add it.
2. Changing the bar charts to line graph:
The whole intention behind the charts are to see the progress, and although bar charts may reflect this, they’re definitely not the best practice for this purpose.
3. (Optional but helpful) Adding the feature to create folders including a couple of routines:
Let’s assume someone follows a series of routines for a period of 5 weeks and then moves to another plan with different routines. In the current design, the person has to either add new routines or edit the existing ones, which will either be very messy or end up losing some information about the past. However, the person could put all those routines in a folder (associated with his/her former plan) and start with new ones.
Anyway, I can go one and mention lots of other things, but the point it that these improvements are part of the development and must be done constantly if you want to remain successful in the business. Again, the app by itself is really good and is my choice, but...
Simple and Effective
The app provides a simple user interface and doesn’t complicate the process of logging the results of your workout schedule. Plan in advance or add a workout on the fly. . Not expensive and not a headache.
Keeps crashing every time I try to add a new exercise. Overall design is decent, but it’s very buggy. The rest timer does not alert you after the time is up. If bugs are fixed maybe usable but right now it crashes too much to be usable.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Eye of the Tiger Technologies
- 91.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Eye of the Tiger Tech
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.