5.1.44 & 5.1.45
• Update: Bugfixes and various improvements.
• Update: Easily access the notes of previous logs, directly from within your workout! If a previous log has notes, it is now shown underlined. Tapping on the underlined log will reveal its notes.
• Update: Stability improvements.
•••• If you want to support the further development of GymBook, please consider providing a rating or updating your existing rating in the App Store. This really helps in improving the visibility of the app and in keeping us motivated:-). And if there is something you don't like about GymBook, please let us know using the Feedback function in the app. Many thanks! ••••
Ratings and Reviews
Best Lift Tracking App
There are tons of workout tracker apps these days, and most of them require a monthly subscription fee of $5+/month. To be honest, I’m pretty sure the cheapest I found during my search was $10/month. At any rate, this app is free, but if you want to unlock all the features, it’s just $5 ONE TIME. You can unlock specific features for less than that btw.
I used the free version for a few weeks and it was good. I loved that I could add an unlimited number of exercises and workouts, and that I could just use my Apple Watch during the workout. I unfortunately couldn’t get the timer alarm to work on the free version for some reason. While I worked with tech support on the issue, I decided that regardless, I like the app and wanted to support them, so I upgraded to the full version (again, just $5 one time). The notable impacts that had for me was adding some pre-made movements and (the big one for me) unlocking auto start timer. Now I’m able to log my lift after each set and once I log it, the timer auto starts. Lucky for me, this fixed my issues with the timer. Now it does everything I wanted out of the app, and i don’t have to keep spending money on it!
There are other features that come with the upgrade, but they aren’t coming to me at the moment. Their website spells it out well, so check it out. Anyways, collectively, this is by far the best value workout app for my needs I’ve found and I definitely recommend it.
Best workout logger out there.
Short version: just download it already and pay the $5. You won’t regret it. Best money I’ve spent on my workouts since I bought my Alpha Grips.
Long version: I’m a fairly experienced lifter who doesn’t need to be told or shown how to do a workout or an exercise. I have my own plans I do and most of the workouts available on the App Store don’t do what I want them to do. This one is perfect. I’ve tried all the current gym log apps out there. BodySpace, FitList, Gymatic, Gymaholic, and several others not worth mentioning. BodySpace is great, but no Apple Watch support. FitList is great except you have to uninstall and reinstall every month or so when it stops syncing to your watch and you lose all your data, even if you’ve paid for premium. And the other two are way too expensive.
I used an app called GymBuddy way back when on the first gen iPhone and it was terrific, but unfortunately it’s no longer supported or updated. GymBook is similar to that in that you can add your own exercises, make custom workouts, and it doesn’t get in your way with trying to show or tell you what to do. This app works seamlessly with the Apple Watch for logging, tracks your workouts to Apple health so you close your rings, and for $5????? Hell yeah I’ll take it! I’d give 10 stars if I could.
Great app—wish it synced to cloud
I love this app. It’s super intuitive and easy to use. The watch and iPhone apps are easy to use. I have two points of feedback:
1. I wish this update synced with the cloud. I had built a ton of workouts into this app as I used it for more than a year. I then receive a new iPhone and wanted to start fresh. Since most everything is in the cloud these days, I simply started over with a clean new iPhone and all of my iCloud items refreshed—but not this app. All of my workouts and exercises I had spent hours entering over the past year had been erased. I also found that there is an iPad app and it does not sync with my iPhone app. This means if I add an exercise to my iPhone, I will have to enter it again on my iPad. Depending on the workout I will use a different device so I need the devices to be interchangeable. Please add cloud capabilities.
2. More workouts. I upgraded to unlock all the workouts and I still find myself entering a ton of workouts. Please add more so I don’t have to tediously enter more. I would even go to a marketplace to buy more workouts so I don’t have to enter them and they come with the professional images. Please add more workouts!
Other than that, the app is basically perfect.
- Salvatore Rocca
- 54.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 GymBook
- In-App Purchases
- Timer+ $1.99
- Themes $1.99
- Export $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.