Here is GymBook, your fitness app to efficiently create, log and analyze your workouts at the gym - all in a beautiful and innovative user interface.
MANAGE YOUR WORKOUTS
• Create your workout with your own exercises or choose from the 50+ simple exercises with animated images and visualizations of the affected primary and secondary muscle groups
• Group and sort your exercises within a workout
• Define the sets, weight and reps you want to perform for each exercise
• Define different settings for your sets of an exercise (e.g. for warm up sets or pyramid training)
• Archive workouts you don't actively use and keep them for statistics or for later use
MANAGE YOUR EXERCISES
• Edit the preloaded exercises
• Create your own exercises (cardio and stretching exercises also supported)
• Assign a region, primary and secondary muscle groups, equipment and write down notes for your exercises
• Add a photo to your exercises
• Fast logging and tracking of your workout
• Log your workout on your wrist with GymBook for Apple Watch
• Extend your logs with notes to add additional information
• Immediately see how you did last time
• Use the pre-filled picker views for fast logging and Quick-Log for super fast logging
• Quickly access logs from within a workout, including the graphical statistics
• Change the workout date (if you want to log previous workouts)
• Immediately see your exercise statistics in a configurable, interactive line graph
• Move automatically to the next exercise of your workout after saving a log (configurable)
• The workout screen immediately shows a detailed overview about today's workout
• The innovative "Workout Matrix" gives you always a detailed overview about your current workout
• Live Activities show your current workout right on your Lock Screen or on your Dynamic Island
• After completing a workout, a summary shows your performance as well as your heat map and lets you analyze your progress compared to last time
• Completed workouts are saved to the Health app (with date, start time, end time, duration, name and optionally active calories and heart rate)
• Time your rests with the adjustable timer which also works when you set your device to sleep or close your app: you can configure your preferred timer duration, have a primary and a secondary timer (even specific to an exercise), choose between a classic or a graphical timer, have different timer sounds and more
• Receive a detailed analysis of your performance thanks to the interactive line graphs and/or doughnut charts
• Track your body measurements and analyze your progress in interactive line graphs: some body measurements (weight, height, body fat percentage and waist circumference) will also be synced with the Health app
• Export your logs as XML and CSV file and export a backup as a database file
• Synchronize your data with iCloud
• Change the appearance of GymBook and choose from one of 9 great designs, each one available in both light and dark mode
*Some special functions can be purchased via in-app purchases.
SUPPORT: GymBook supports metric (kilograms, meters) and imperial (pounds, feet) system of units.
NOTE: GymBook is developed by gym experts, for gym experts. Therefore it focuses on YOUR workouts and provides only example workouts for better orientation.
We work really hard to improve GymBook and make your workout experience better.
Added 4 additional exercises, which are available with the '+Exercises' feature (and of course the 'Platin' package):
- Dumbbell Farmer's Walk
- Kettlebell Farmer's Walk
- Cable Trunk Rotations
- Seated Cable Trunk Rotations
Optimized the size of the app (GymBook for iOS/iPadOS as well as GymBook for Apple Watch).
GymBook now supports exercise equipment. Assign benches, weights, bars, and more to your exercises. Filter exercises by equipment and track equipment used in your workouts or workout groups.
After the update, your non-custom exercises will be automatically populated with the correct equipment. Furthermore, in the future, GymBook might leverage this to offer more functionalities. If you have any suggestions in this regard, please feel free to reach out!
Updated GymBook for iOS 17 and watchOS 10.
IMPORTANT: Discontinued support for watchOS 6; please do not update if you want to use GymBook for Apple Watch with an Apple Watch running watchOS 6.
In addition, on watchOS 10 we have completely redesigned and improved the logging experience. The logging screen now offers a brand new vertical tab navigation, with which you can access the most important screens by vertically moving through them. You will recognize this navigation paradigm from some of Apple's apps on watchOS 10.
Also new on GymBook for Apple Watch:
- Exercise image
- Workout is not reset when getting new data
- Reuse "old" workouts if workouts of today are not available (please still make sure to periodically sync your data with GymBook on your iPhone, to avoid data loss)
We have been using the new version of GymBook for Apple Watch for a while now and, after a first adjustment workout, we now truly love it. We hope you do too!
Do you want to support the further development of GymBook? Please consider providing a 5-star rating in the App Store, which really helps in improving the visibility of the app and gives us a motivation boost:-). And if there is something you don't like about GymBook, please let us know using the feedback function in the app. Many thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Best Lift Tracking App
There are tons of workout tracker apps these days, and most of them require a monthly subscription fee of $5+/month. To be honest, I’m pretty sure the cheapest I found during my search was $10/month. At any rate, this app is free, but if you want to unlock all the features, it’s just $5 ONE TIME. You can unlock specific features for less than that btw.
I used the free version for a few weeks and it was good. I loved that I could add an unlimited number of exercises and workouts, and that I could just use my Apple Watch during the workout. I unfortunately couldn’t get the timer alarm to work on the free version for some reason. While I worked with tech support on the issue, I decided that regardless, I like the app and wanted to support them, so I upgraded to the full version (again, just $5 one time). The notable impacts that had for me was adding some pre-made movements and (the big one for me) unlocking auto start timer. Now I’m able to log my lift after each set and once I log it, the timer auto starts. Lucky for me, this fixed my issues with the timer. Now it does everything I wanted out of the app, and i don’t have to keep spending money on it!
There are other features that come with the upgrade, but they aren’t coming to me at the moment. Their website spells it out well, so check it out. Anyways, collectively, this is by far the best value workout app for my needs I’ve found and I definitely recommend it.
Best workout logger out there.
Short version: just download it already and pay the $5. You won’t regret it. Best money I’ve spent on my workouts since I bought my Alpha Grips.
Long version: I’m a fairly experienced lifter who doesn’t need to be told or shown how to do a workout or an exercise. I have my own plans I do and most of the workouts available on the App Store don’t do what I want them to do. This one is perfect. I’ve tried all the current gym log apps out there. BodySpace, FitList, Gymatic, Gymaholic, and several others not worth mentioning. BodySpace is great, but no Apple Watch support. FitList is great except you have to uninstall and reinstall every month or so when it stops syncing to your watch and you lose all your data, even if you’ve paid for premium. And the other two are way too expensive.
I used an app called GymBuddy way back when on the first gen iPhone and it was terrific, but unfortunately it’s no longer supported or updated. GymBook is similar to that in that you can add your own exercises, make custom workouts, and it doesn’t get in your way with trying to show or tell you what to do. This app works seamlessly with the Apple Watch for logging, tracks your workouts to Apple health so you close your rings, and for $5????? Hell yeah I’ll take it! I’d give 10 stars if I could.
Great workout tracker
This is probably the best workout tracker I’ve ever used. It’s much cheaper than most and it has a huge selection of exercises and a great system to track them. There are a few minor issues I do have. I would like for there to be a superset option with workouts, as well as a drop set option, rather than just putting it in notes or adding a cool down set. The grouping function is slightly confusing in my opinion and doesn’t really function like I would want a superset function to work. I also think the graphs are confusing. I’m not too sure what the red and white lines represent, and it isn’t really explained anywhere in the app. My main issue with the app is the logs. They have more of the line graphs that are confusing, and there’s no good way to see what you did last workout unless you just finish the workout. It would be nice to be able to access the summary of a workout in a separate tab that doesn’t go away right after the workout. I know it seems like a lot of complaints, but this app is great. It does all of the basic functions much better than most apps, and it’s much cheaper. With my complaints I’d still rather use this app every time compared to other trackers.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Appwise GmbH
- 383.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2023 GymBook
- In-App Purchases
- Platinum ・ Package $8.99
- +Exercises ・ Feature $3.99
- Export $3.99
- Assistant $3.99
- Cloud $3.99
- Timer+ $3.99
- Silver ・ Package $6.99
- Gold ・ Package $7.99
- Themes $3.99
- Bronze ・ Package $5.99