Here is GymBook, your fitness app to efficiently create, log and analyze your workouts at the gym - all in a beautiful and innovative user interface.
MANAGE YOUR WORKOUTS
• Create your workout with your own exercises or choose from the 50 simple exercises with animated images and visualizations of the affected primary and secondary muscle groups
• Group and sort your exercises within a workout
• Define the sets, weight and reps you want to perform for each exercise
• Define different settings for your sets of an exercise (e.g. for warm up sets or pyramid training)
• Archive workouts you don't actively use and keep them for statistics or for later use
MANAGE YOUR EXERCISES
• Edit the preloaded exercises
• Create your own exercises (cardio exercises also supported)
• Assign a region, primary and secondary muscle groups and write down notes for your exercises
• Add a photo to your exercises
• Fast logging and tracking of your workout
• Log your workout on your wrist with GymBook for Apple Watch
• Extend your logs with notes to add additional information
• Immediately see how you did last time
• Use the pre-filled picker views for fast logging and Quick-Log for super fast logging
• Quickly access logs from within a workout, including the graphical statistics
• Change the workout date (if you want to log previous workouts)
• Immediately see your exercise statistics in a configurable, interactive line graph
• Move automatically to the next exercise of your workout after saving a log (configurable)
• The workout screen immediately shows a detailed overview about today's workout
• The innovative "Workout Matrix" gives you always a detailed overview about your current workout
• After completing a workout, a summary shows your performance as well as your heat map and lets you analyze your progress compared to last time
• Completed workouts are saved to the Health app (with date, start time, end time, duration, name and optionally active calories and heart rate)
• Time your rests with the adjustable timer which also works when you set your device to sleep or close your app: you can configure your preferred timer duration, have a primary and a secondary timer (even specific to an exercise), choose between a classic or a graphical timer, have different timer sounds and more
• Receive a detailed analysis of your performance thanks to the interactive line graphs and/or doughnut charts
• Track your body measurements and analyze your progress in interactive line graphs: some body measurements (weight, height, body fat percentage and waist circumference) will also be synced with the Health app
• Export your logs as XML and CSV file and export a backup as a database file
• Synchronize your data with iCloud
• Change the appearance of GymBook and choose from one of 9 great designs, each one available in both light and dark mode
*Some special functions can be purchased via in-app purchases.
SUPPORT: GymBook supports metric (kilograms, meters) and imperial (pounds, feet) system of units.
NOTE: GymBook is developed by gym experts, for gym experts. Therefore it focuses on YOUR workouts and provides only example workouts for better orientation.
We work hard to improve GymBook and make your workout experience better. In this release, we introduced multicolor heat maps: choose one of the four multicolor heat maps and get a clearer and more colorful view of your targeted muscles (available with the 'Themes' feature or the packages 'Bronze', 'Silver', 'Gold' or 'Platin').
・ Live Activities
・ Adding logs directly to exercises (without workout)
・ Exercise cleanup functionalities (delete all logs of an exercise or remove an exercise from all workouts)
If you want to support the further development of GymBook, please consider providing a rating in the App Store. This really helps in improving the visibility of the app and in keeping us motivated:-). And if there is something you don't like about GymBook, please let us know using the Feedback function in the app. Many thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Best Lift Tracking App
There are tons of workout tracker apps these days, and most of them require a monthly subscription fee of $5+/month. To be honest, I’m pretty sure the cheapest I found during my search was $10/month. At any rate, this app is free, but if you want to unlock all the features, it’s just $5 ONE TIME. You can unlock specific features for less than that btw.
I used the free version for a few weeks and it was good. I loved that I could add an unlimited number of exercises and workouts, and that I could just use my Apple Watch during the workout. I unfortunately couldn’t get the timer alarm to work on the free version for some reason. While I worked with tech support on the issue, I decided that regardless, I like the app and wanted to support them, so I upgraded to the full version (again, just $5 one time). The notable impacts that had for me was adding some pre-made movements and (the big one for me) unlocking auto start timer. Now I’m able to log my lift after each set and once I log it, the timer auto starts. Lucky for me, this fixed my issues with the timer. Now it does everything I wanted out of the app, and i don’t have to keep spending money on it!
There are other features that come with the upgrade, but they aren’t coming to me at the moment. Their website spells it out well, so check it out. Anyways, collectively, this is by far the best value workout app for my needs I’ve found and I definitely recommend it.
Best workout logger out there.
Short version: just download it already and pay the $5. You won’t regret it. Best money I’ve spent on my workouts since I bought my Alpha Grips.
Long version: I’m a fairly experienced lifter who doesn’t need to be told or shown how to do a workout or an exercise. I have my own plans I do and most of the workouts available on the App Store don’t do what I want them to do. This one is perfect. I’ve tried all the current gym log apps out there. BodySpace, FitList, Gymatic, Gymaholic, and several others not worth mentioning. BodySpace is great, but no Apple Watch support. FitList is great except you have to uninstall and reinstall every month or so when it stops syncing to your watch and you lose all your data, even if you’ve paid for premium. And the other two are way too expensive.
I used an app called GymBuddy way back when on the first gen iPhone and it was terrific, but unfortunately it’s no longer supported or updated. GymBook is similar to that in that you can add your own exercises, make custom workouts, and it doesn’t get in your way with trying to show or tell you what to do. This app works seamlessly with the Apple Watch for logging, tracks your workouts to Apple health so you close your rings, and for $5????? Hell yeah I’ll take it! I’d give 10 stars if I could.
I love this app! I have created my entire workout on this app, all 18 weeks! Now although this app has a lot of amazing features, it is missing a few things in my opinion. I do not write reviews often, but being a proud platinum member now, I want to give good recommendations to make the app better! Firstly, I wish there was a better description about how the app is supposed to be used. When I created my workouts, I separated the days by each phase in a single workout. I thought this would be okay because the workout you select asks: “what days are these workouts?” Unfortunately that is not the case, since I have phase 1, phase 2, and phase 3 (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday) all in a single workout, I never technically “finish a workout” each day since it only counts executed workouts if the entire workout is finished. Secondly, now that I know how the app is supposed to be properly used, I’d like to create a workout for each day but I cannot do that easily. That is because I’d have to reinsert each and every workout, sets, reps, and rest times individually! What this app NEEDS is a COPY and PASTE feature for copying MULTIPLE or INDIVIDUAL workouts into other workouts. This would save people tons of time!
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your very nice feedback and your support 😊 - In case you didn't notice, there is an FAQ page under https://gymbookapp.com/faq. Maybe some of your questions might be answered there.
Also, you can duplicate a single workout by swiping right on it and selecting 'Duplicate'. Maybe this helps.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Appwise GmbH
- 156.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 15.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.1 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 GymBook
- In-App Purchases
- Platinum ・ Package $7.99
- +Exercises $3.99
- Assistant $3.99
- Export $3.99
- Timer+ $3.99
- Cloud $3.99
- Themes $3.99
- Gold ・ Package $6.99
- Bronze ・ Package $4.99
- Silver ・ Package $5.99