Praised by pros and trainers as the most capable and flexible workout planner and tracker.
• The only app that can handle any routine and workout.
• Organizes your workouts and helps you reach your goals in strength, muscle size or weight loss. It will empower you with knowledge and revolutionize your workouts.
• Featured in The New York Times, Consumer Reports, The Daily.
••••• FEATURES •••••
These features work without any purchases or subscriptions
• 390 exercises with animations and step by step instructions.
• Text, pictures, animated GIFs and youtube clips can be attached to any exercise.
• 67 workout routines.
• Flexible tracking system for strength, cardio, plyometrics, stretching workouts, circuit training, Tabata or any other workout type. Supports supersets, freeform notes and much more. Workout history is fully editable.
• The workout logging screen is optimized for fast data entry. It is extremely feature-rich. You can copy data from the history, add new exercises, images and videos, start timers - all within this screen.
• Bodyweight and assisted-weight exercises automatically account for your body weight.
• GymGoal calculates your One Rep Max for every exercise.
• Workout history by muscle shows muscles that you neglect.
• Weekly and rotating schedules support up to 4 workout sessions a day.
• Body measurements tracking plus additional custom trackers.
• The best in class Body Fat tracking module includes a calculator, several skinfolds (calipers) methods, direct entry. Tracks every method and individual skin folds, explains results.
• One-rep Max, BMI, BMR, TDEE, Target Heart Rate calculators and progress tracking.
• Apple Watch support.
• Automatic two-way syncing of BMI, BMR, Body Fat, weight and height with Apple Health. Export of burned calories to Apple Health.
• You don't need an Internet connection - everything is stored on your device.
• Ability to back up your data to the server, or to email it. You can copy your data between iPhones and other supported devices.
• Workout logs, measurements, routines and the schedule can be emailed for review and printing. Workout logs can be opened in Excel.
• 3 user accounts.
••••• PRO FEATURES •••••
Available with auto-renewable subscription*
• 50 user accounts.
• Unlimited custom exercises and routines. Without a subscription you can use all routines and make one custom routine.
• Heart rate tracking with Apple Watch or any Bluetooth 4 device.
• GPS tracking.
• Stretching and plyometric exercises.
• Two-way syncing with RunKeeper and MapMyFitness - both cardio and strength workouts.
YOU CAN DEPEND ON GYMGOAL
• GymGoal is in AppStore since 2008. It is used by over a million people, from beginners to pro athletes and trainers, and even in schools.
• Many people have 9 years of detailed workout history in GymGoal. Years of history do not slow GymGoal down.
• Updates will not lose your routines, schedule or workout history. Even if your iPhone breaks, you will be able to restore your data from the server backup.
* Subscription terms
– The auto-renewable subscription enables the described above PRO FEATURES
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
The length of the subscription - we offer two options:
• 3 months: $0.99 USD, charged every 3 months
• 1 year: $2.99 USD, charged yearly.
- Due to compatibility issues with Japanese calendar GymGoal uses only Gregorian calendar.
- Fixed calorie calculation and timer entry popup for cardio exercises in supersets.
- In some cases the small exercise thumbnail was not downloaded from the server when the same picture was used for several custom exercises.
- Improved History by Muscle Group: flexible range, days since the last workout.
- Fixed complication for Watch Series 4.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Fairly easy to use. Database of exercises is large but could be larger. Does include some dumbbell and non-gym exercises. I was able to create different custom routines for gym and no gym workouts. Exercised in the database have complete info on how to perform properly including illustrations. Most have the option to play animation of the exercise being performed. You can also add your own custom exercises and create custom groups of favorite exercises for easily creating new workout routines. I also like that you can backup your data to their server for free For me, GymGoal was the right combination of features without being overly complex to learn. My only wish is that GymGoal continues to expand the database of exercises.
Better when it was new
Been using the app for several years. Features that used to be free now cost. Loyalty means little. However, it's still one of the better gym apps around.
Just get Pro Version
I bought this one last night to end up buying this one today because they only allow one routine (like that’s even needed in real life) to force you into the pro. Now I paid $12 for this app. I guess it will be the last $12 for the shiesty move on their part. I used this app since 2008. So much for loyalty is right.
- Maryna Kolokolkina
- 114.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2008-2018 SmalTek
- In-App Purchases
- Pro content and features $2.99
- Pro content and features $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.