Hacker Feed is a modern, fast and elegant app for reading Hacker News.
• Swipe between tabs to browse Top, New, Show HN, Ask HN and Jobs stories
• Scroll through stories in beautiful typography, along with compact or large thumbnails
• Open story links in the built-in Safari view, with reader mode support
• Expand and collapse story comments and threads via intuitive tap gestures
• Bookmark your favourite stories to read later, synced across all your devices via iCloud
• Easily share story links to other apps
• Turn on Dark Mode for browsing in low-lighting conditions
• Universal app - split view support on iPad for easy viewing
• Optimised for performance
Contact me @ken_toh on Twitter, if there are any issues.
- Performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best I’ve found
This hacker news app has most of the features I care about. Open graph previews, performance, and a very readable, dense, thread view. It’s also important to me that I can see the top comments before tapping the article. The only things on my wishlist are some sort of ad-free solution and better handling of screen orientation. This app locks to portrait all the time which is usually what I want. Directly supporting landscape videos would be ideal though. For that I need to switch to safari. You can do this with one tap but it would be ideal not to have to leave the app.
Please add a way to pay
Hacker News apps get abandoned all the time. This is the best HN client I’ve ever used, and it would be a shame to be abandoned. Please include an in app purchase of some sort. $9.99 one time payment to unlock dark mode, viewing commentor profiles, upvoting (if possible through API), and bookmarks.
Best Hacker News app for iOS
Really impressed how good this is, especially for an initial release. Hopefully it will one day support commenting/voting!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.