Hacker Pad is a convenient scratch pad that allows everyone, especially developer, to quickly jot down ideas and snippets. This comes from the need of my colleagues who struggle with how to quickly write down notes in a convenient way.
Hacker Pad lives in the menu bar for quick access, with multiple dark themes to choose from. Features includes
- Built exclusively for the Mac, written in pure Swift and requires no system permissions
- Quick save and load notes. All notes are saved securely on disk. There is no remote sending, so the notes you write remain safely in your machine.
- Easily add and remove note
- Support many dark themes like solarized, Nord, dark, one dark, ...
- Highlight many languages like C++, Swift, Kotlin, Ruby, Python, Java, ...
- Recent note moves to top for easy navigation
- Smart text input that auto includes closing brackets and auto indentation
- Auto save
- Scale default window to 1.5x and 2x
- Minimal design that focuses on your content
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very convenient having a notepad in the menu bar. I like the syntax highlighting, and the markdown previewing.
Few things I wish were fixed/ added:
-Notes have been wiped after restarts I think 3 times now (local storage?)
-Would love auto-correct integration because of my monkey brain
- more highlighting/color/customization for my non-code notes.
While this app is useful for *temporary* snippet storage, it has the potential for much more. A few key improvements could make this app better than anything else similar on the app store.
Great for Context Switching
I was in search of something like this and I finally found it with Hacker Pad!
I'm not a developer but I am in a position where I need to track my time through out the day. Having the ability to quickly select Hacker Pad from the upper task bar to leave a quick note before switching to something else has dramatically improved my performance and work credibilty.
Needs work, loses data
For the third time I've had a crash or a restart of my system to find that when I open up this app it's lost all of it's data. Thankfully I was able to restore the necessary Container from TimeMachine. Overall a nice design and thought but the losing all data on an ungraceful shutdown makes it useless.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.