From the minds of Avenged Sevenfold comes Hail to the King: Deathbat, a 3rd person, overhead dungeon crawler action RPG in the vein of The Legend of Zelda, Gauntlet Legends, and Diablo.
The game’s story is based on the mythical origin of the Deathbat, Avenged Sevenfold’s logo and mascot. The game’s design is not for the faint of heart as players will need to traverse massive levels, combat skillful undead, and best unforgiving bosses. The epic story follows Andronikos, the resurrected King of the Underworld and the embodiment of the Deathbat, who is tasked with reclaiming the lands of Haides from the despotic Dark Andronikos. Along the way you’ll mix and match brutal melee combat with projectile magic attacks battling through beautifully designed and hellish landscapes inspired by the band’s iconic discography and artwork. Interact with characters along the way to solve puzzles and unlock the mysteries of Moros Island.
Hail to the King: Deathbat features classic Avenged Sevenfold tracks along with a new and original score, composed by the band in the immortal tradition of 8-bit masterpieces like Castlevania.
- "This will be a game I keep on my device for a long time to come, and will play and replay many times over just for the sheer fun of it all.” - TouchArcade, Game of the Week Award
- "Hail to the King: Deathbat, a game that pushes the limits of mobile gaming and feels almost like a console game." - Kotaku Review
- "Provides an unrivaled experience on the iOS format... 8.5/10" - Arcade Sushi Review
- "One of the things I look at closely in any game, is the amount of visual variety it has to offer. Hail to the King: Deathbat, delivers on this accord, quite well... really one of the more intriguing visual experiences I’ve had with a mobile game in quite some time. The soundtrack is absolutely phenomenal in this game. 4.4/5" - PocketMeta Review
- Play through levels inspired by Avenged Sevenfold’s catalog
- Features an original score, written by Avenged Sevenfold for the game
- 7 new paintings by artist Cam Rackam
- 14 pieces of never-before seen artwork intended for use in earlier albums
- Jimmy ”The Rev” Sullivan plays an integral part in the storyline
- Rich, immersive storyline that will appeal to gamers and fans of the band alike
- Interact with non-playable characters to learn about and solve the mysteries of the island
- Unlock new weapons and magical abilities to def
Deathbat is playable for free, with some sections and features available only to subscribers of GameClub Pro, an optional auto-renewing monthly subscription which also removes ads. Besides the GameClub Pro subscription, there are no other in-app purchases in this game.
If you choose to purchase the optional subscription:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. No charge will be made for the free trial period.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior of the current period, at the cost indicated.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your App Store account settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Thanks for playing this GameClub game! GameClub offers a curated catalog of iconic games, with new titles released every week. Subscribers get access to unlimited gameplay, no ads, and no additional purchases — just pure fun.
This update contains bug fixes and performance improvements. Let’s play!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
While I have never been a gamer in any capacity, as a diehard fan of Avenged Sevenfold I bought the game with a determination to get good at it. While Matt wasn't lying, the game is definitely difficult, it gives you a intense sense of satisfaction when you manage to beat a level. While it was a learning curve for sure, the game was created in such a way that it is possible for even a non-experienced gamer like me can learn the skills necessary to beat the game. I have already beat several levels without buying any of the band members or spending excessive amounts of time on it. The game is so much fun to play and an overall great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, fan or not.
Amazing for fans or gamers!
I don't usually buy apps, but knowing this was from A7X I knew it would be good. It was so much better than I expected! Graphics are amazing for a mobile game. I haven't bought any of the guys yet, and I've already beat a few levels. Extremely challenging, but it gives you a great feeling of satisfaction after you beat a level. I only bought this game a little while ago and I'm not very far into it, but I know it'll be great all the way through. Whether you're a die-hard A7X fan like me or just a gamer looking at it, just buy it! 9.5/10! Honestly, this is my new favorite mobile game.
RIP our St. James💕
Don't be fooled by fake reviews and ratings.
The reviews gushing over this game are not real. I have been a diehard fan of a7x since the beginning, and I am so confused as to how they couldn't hire better devs. The sound effects are cheesy (the respawn noise is so out of place), extremely basic combat with no skill trees or tactic, juvenile dialogue, overly expensive items, clunky controls... Just listening to the witch cackle at the beginning made me wonder why they hired someone who probably downloaded searched "witch cackle" in Google and downloaded a free soundbyte. The list goes on. Anyone who actually plays games like this should be appalled. After how much hype it's been given, I was thrilled and shelled out cash for a mobile game, which is extremely rare for me. What a complete waste of money. I really expected more from you guys. The only charm lies in the awesome soundtrack.
- GameClub Inc.
- 901.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Avenged Sevenfold
- In-App Purchases
- GameClub Monthly Subscription $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.