To all the ladies and gents who appreciate that your tresses require lots of care and attention...
This simple to use app was created to help hair enthusiasts have an easy and fun way to track their hair growth and goals. Hair Journal contains features that allow you to:
- Set personal goals, reminders, track your growth through pictures and diary entries as well as log your own personal reviews of your hair products.
- Create multiple profiles. This is especially useful for professional hair stylists who can use the app to create personalised diaries for clients.
- Watch the best haircare related YouTube videos directly from the app.
- Participate on the app Facebook community directly from the app.
- Perform data back-ups to keep data safe or transfer data between iOS devices.
We're always hard at work on new features and enhancements, as suggested by users. Please contribute opinions and suggestions via the in-app feedback functionality, or message us directly via the in-app support blog or Facebook page.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Fixed the backup function of the app
- Other minor bug fixes for iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Useful app, some suggestions
I use Hair Journal to track my hair loss and regrowth as I often suffer from telogen effluvium. I think they’ve got a great basic app, just a few things I wish I could do - for example, be able to actually associate different hair products in the product inventory along with my diary entries. That way I can track if a product is working for me or not and how long I’ve been using it. I’d like to be able to track shedding patterns and related symptoms such as itching, dandruff, irritation of the scalp. I’d also like to track the use of hair growth devices such as laser helmets and derma-rolling. I think the hair loss/regrowth tracking market is a huge untapped opportunity for this application; if you make the app more unisex/inclusive (lose the pink color scheme).
Good but buggy
Great concept, very useful for tracking progress, but it’s a bit buggy and some of the features are annoying to use. Enhancements I would love to see:
- I don’t understand why there are multiple profiles. Maybe other people use this feature. To me, it’s just an extra click to get where I’m going.
- gets stuck on pictures. Other people have mentioned this.
- copy/paste functionality in diary is fiddle
- adding products is not intuitive. Click the “add” button to add a category, click the “share” button to add a product? And how do you close the text editor when you’re done?
I don’t mean to knock the developer too hard. I appreciate everything you have built! All of the important features are there, it’s just a little bit fiddly to use.
ONE PROBLEM WITH THIS APP
I really do utilize this app a lot for my hair journey. I love it but, The only reason I gave it 3 starts is because I hate the fact that there is a malfunction that happends all the time and they have yet to fix it. When I go to the photo gallery and select a picture to look at(or even scroll through them)I get stuck on the pictures. The little icon that is suppose to appear on the bottom which brings me back to the full photo gallery (4little boxed put together) always disappears and doesn’t come back. Even if I leave the app and come back I can’t get to the main page unless I restart the app or delete the app off my phones history( if that makes sense). Very fustrating 🙄. Does anyone else know what I’m talking about??!?
The developer, Sidi Jow, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sidi Jow
- 30.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © rs2j3
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.