Halliburton’s eRedBook® Mobile application is offered as a free download. It is derived from the Halliburton Cementing Tables, the industry-preferred data reference for calculations used in drilling, cementing and/or completing oil and gas wells. eRedBook® Mobile contains volume calculators as well as data from the American Petroleum Institute (API) for Casing, Tubing, Coil Tubing and Drill Pipe. With the Halliburton eRedBook you can:
• Have instant access to key dimensions and strengths for pipe, including collapse pressure, inner diameter and weight.
• Look up specifications for your most frequently used tubulars to quickly calculate capacity and annulus volumes with just a few taps.
• View volume measurements and calculations in Metric or British Imperial units (including custom configurations) represented in character and number format as appropriate.
• Calculate total volumes in a large range of units (barrels, cubic feet, gallons, cubic meters, liters and more)
• Calculate volume per depth in multiple units (barrels per foot, gallons per foot, liters per meter, and more)
• Copy results with a single click. eRedBook® Mobile is simple to use and indispensable for the on the go field engineers, business development, and engineering students.
- Rebuilt the app using the Xamarin platform.
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good App, Few Errors Though
I recently noticed that the app displays joint & body strength in units of (lbs/ft). This is a little confusing because the paper copy of the red book shows them in (lbs) which make since. A strength in (lbs/ft) doesn't make since. Not sure how someone missed that. Hopefully it can be addressed in an update.
Good app otherwise.
Good but needs updates
Great app for the iPhone but needs to be updated to properly use the full screen on the iPhone 5. Calculations work great aside from that.
A good start, but...
Nice basic information and good for simple calculations. Not very handy if you work in mixed units though. For example, I work in meters for depths, inches and lb/ft for casing size. It would be nice to select what units I want to work in for each item, but as it is if I select the metric units I have to use meters, mm and kg/m. So you have to convert or memorize the different units now if you work in a mix units environment.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.