** The #1 Catholic App **
WHAT IS HALLOW
Hallow is a Catholic prayer app that offers audio guided meditation sessions to help us grow in our faith & spiritual lives and find peace in God. Explore over 500 different sessions on contemplative prayer, meditation, Catholic Bible readings, music, and more.
In today’s world, we’re stressed, anxious, distracted, & can’t sleep. At the same time, we’re searching for deeper meaning, purpose, & relationship. We believe these two challenges can be addressed with the same solution: peace in Jesus. In the end, after all, a halo in heaven is the goal :)
WHAT YOU GET
* Daily prayers: Pray daily across methods including 3 of our most popular - Lectio Divina (on the Daily Readings), the Rosary, & the Divine Mercy Chaplet
* Christian Meditation: This can seem similar to mindfulness meditation in learning to be comfortable in silence, but the difference is the goal is never to remain in ourselves, but always to lift our hearts & minds to God, to talk with Him, listen to Him, & recognize His presence with us
* Sleep Bible Stories: Try Night Prayer from Liturgy of the Hours / Daily Office, and Catholic Bible stories read by folks like Jonathan Roumie from the Chosen or Fr. Mike Schmitz from the New American Bible
* Rosary: Meditate with Mary through the mysteries of the Catholic Rosary and other devotionals
* Ignatian Examen: Reflect on your day & discover an awareness of God, Jesus Christ, & the Holy Spirit
* Lectio Divina: Enter into a conversation with God through Bible passages / Scripture
* Taizé & Gregorian Chant: Meditative chant & music
* Community: Match your prayers to the season with the #pray40 Lent Challenge, starting Ash Wednesday, or our #pray25 Advent Challenge for Christmas
* Homilies & Guests: From Father Mike Schmitz, and on topics on being a Catholic Dad, St. Augustine & more!
* Praylists: Sessions on joy, humility, discernment, or stress / anxiety / calm
* Challenges: Re-discover the Our Father, Stations of the Cross, Psalms, and Saints - or start with the Intro 9 Day Novena
* Litanies & Novenas: Try out the Litany of Humility, the 54 Day Novena, and more!
* Minute Meditations: Jesus, I Trust in You, Angelus, Rosary Decade, St. Michael the Archangel prayer and more!
Additional features to help customize your prayer experience:
* Journal after every prayer
* Choice of man or woman guide
* Options for 3 different lengths for every prayer (typically 5, 10, or 15 minutes)
* Ability to set prayer reminders
* Option to include calming background music like Gregorian Chant
* Ability to download sessions for offline listening
* Ability to join a Hallow Family to share prayer intentions and prayer reflections with one another
As Hallow is a Catholic App (#1 among Catholic Apps), the content is developed by experienced Catholic theology and spirituality guides and reviewed by senior leaders within the Church (e.g., PhD’s, professors, Bishops, authors) and based on content from the approved Catholic Bible. We were also featured on EWTN. While it can be a beautiful app for Catholic men and women, it is meant as a resource for people of all faiths & religions.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
Users can access our daily prayers (including the rosary) and the 9-day Intro Prayer Challenge for free.
To access the full suite of Hallow, Hallow offers two auto-renewing subscription options:
$8.99 per month
$59.99 per year
These prices are for United States customers.
Your Hallow subscription will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can go to your Apple account settings to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renew. Your account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed. Hallow also integrates with the Apple Health app to sync mindfulness minutes.
Terms and conditions: https://hallow.com/terms-of-service
We're thrilled to announce that this version of Hallow allows you to change the playback speed for the sessions in the app. Listen to Father Mike's Bible in a Year podcast, currently #1 in the world on Apple Podcasts, and slow it down or speed it up however you'd like! Just hit the three-dot menu on the Now Praying audio screen, and tap Playback Speed to get started.
This version also fixes a bug in Holy Hours and longer prayer versions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Must Have App for Contemplatives
I am so thrilled with this app. The content is incredible. I love that the content regularly changes to reflect the liturgical seasons, as well as daily for such features as the gospel reflections & rosary. There are so many features to use from themed practices to specific types of prayer to seasonal and current event relevant prayers. I love the in depth challenge features of the Our Father and Stations of the Cross, the daily Examen, the Sleep prayer options, the liturgy of the hours . . . and I love that you can set and track goals, streaks, and journal thoughts from a session. The Guest section includes so many incredible resources from experts . . . this app is just packed with the best Catholic contemplative prayer content and it is very well engineered . . . super user friendly. Finally, it's great to have two different voice options as well as the option to choose ambient music, silence or gregorian chant to accompany your prayer/meditation sessions. I highly recommend this app. It has definitely revolutionized my prayer life because now when I wake up in the morning, I have an auto reminder to sit in prayer when I pick up my phone rather than scroll through other fluff and news. Bravo!
Best decision of an app purchase!
I really struggle with prayer and anxiety at night. I was looking for something to help as I fell asleep or while laying in bed to calm my heart and mind. But I wanted something that was 1- Catholic! And 2- orthodox! I was honestly skeptical when I randomly saw a Facebook add for Hallow. Most “catholic” prayer aides I’ve come across saying things like “meditation” have a very skewed idea of meditation and it tends to quickly digress into things like “finding your third eye” 🤢 what I LOVE about the creators of Hallow is that they desire to reclaim meditation as a unique Christian form of prayer. It has always belonged to the Church and we are responsible for continuing this life giving practice!
This is my 4th day using the app and it has already been a game changer! I’m excited to get to bed now, so I can have those last few moments of my day in prayer! The guided meditation is not cheesy and has so many options! I feel more peace then I have for awhile and I find that I’m more aware during my day of the Lord, communicating with Him as my day goes on. I love this app and have been telling everyone about it!
This app can change your life- and not just for Catholics!
I stumbled upon the Christian tradition of contemplative prayer about a year ago and promptly began practicing it on my own. I was pretty good about doing it most every day, but some days were certainly more focused than others. Someone told me about Hallow and I immediately fell in love. I cannot rave enough about this app! I have told all my friends about it (most of whom are not Catholic). Now I can do multiple meditations a day and sometimes I will turn on the angelus or rosary while I am cooking or cleaning for an extra spiritual boost. I have been using the free version for a few months and there is so much great content that I feel like I’m stealing from them! 😬 I will definitely buy the premium version eventually, because this app has already helped me so hugely in deepening my relationship with Christ. Now I feel totally “off” and not nearly as kind or happy when I skip my morning prayer session. I cannot recommend this highly enough- if you commit to it and keep the habits going, it WILL change your life!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hallow, Inc.
- 36.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Hallow, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Yearly Subscription $59.99
- Monthly Subscription $8.99
- Yearly Subscription $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.