Now with rig control! See http://pignology.net/pigtail
HamLog is an amateur radio logging and tools application. It is meant for use when operating portable from the field or mobile (drive safe!). It does a lot more than just logging, see the list below. HamLog supports iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
* Contact Logging and search
* Rig control via the Pigtail device from Pignology
* Create A Log - Custom Log
* QRZ XML Integration for QRZ Subscribers
* HamQTH XML Integration
* Export via email as ADIF, CSV, or eQSL.cc
* Import ADIF
* Automatic name/QTH resolution based on callsign (either QRZ XML, HamQTH (free), or Pignology DB (free))
* Independent callsign look up tool
* QRZ XML Subscriber Support
* CloudSynch: Synch your contacts to the web and other iOS/Mac devices. See http://hamlog.it for more information.
* Voice Macros: record yourself and play to VOX
* HamStack Control interface: see http://hamstack.com for more information.
* QSO Recording
* Great Circle Maps
* Q signal list
* IARU Prefixes List
* DXCC Entities List
* US Band Plan
* International Band Plans
* QRZ Look Up via Web
* Weather Forecasting
* Dupe Finder
* Latest DX Spots from DX Summit
* ADIF Export, both full and time range
* CSV Export
* Grid Square tool using GPS
* Manual Grid Square Calculator given lat/long
* Bearing (and long path) calculation given two grid squares,
* WWV Propagation report
* Contest Calendar
* DXpedition Calendar
* Wavelength Calculator
* UTC Clock
* ITU Phonetic Alphabet
* CW Helper: plays single character upon selection
* Temperature Converter
* Length Converter
* RST Explained info
* PSKReporter.info search and map display
* DX Cluster - real time telnet access
* Grid to map - enter gridsquare and it will display it on a map
* Solar Data from N0NBH (www.hamqsl.com/solar)
* DTMF Tone Generator
* Net Lists and notifications
* Part 97 - Full Text
* Field Day Logging
* iTunes File Sharing - For data backup and ADIF import - Drop somelogfile.adi into the file sharing pane and press Tools -> Import ADIF. somelogfile.adi should be lowercase until I get an update to recognize uppercase filenames.
* Landscape and Portrait on the iPad
*** I try to implement just about every request I receive and fix just about every complaint I receive or see in the reviews. If you leave a complaint in a review please leave your callsign so I can get in touch with you to fix your problem, or email me directly. I cannot reply to reviews.
Please NOTE: This application is not meant to replace a more formal method of logging such as a computer based logging application or the classic paper method. It is more for quick logging while portable or mobile. Personally, I transfer all contacts to paper after coming back from field QRP fun.
Regarding IMPORTING: As of December 8, 2010, HamLog support importing ADIF files. Please visit http://n3wg.com/hamlog for an example of how to import.
I will happily respond to feedback, entertain feature requests, and answer questions directly, please contact me at the email address listed on n3wg.com or QRZ.
Please visit www.n3wg.com for a full set of screenshots.
Field Day Logging Info:
Sections logged include: Date/time,Mode, Band, Callsign, Class, Section, Operator, Comment
Exporting: Exporting logs from the Field Day tool is via e-mail in the form of a CSV file that any spreadsheet program can open.
Dup Detection: The app does the standard dup detection you would see in a PC/Mac based app. There is no inter-device dup detection. Dup detection between devices is an exercise left to the exported spreadsheet application of choice.
iPad Specifics: Sections worked are shown vs sections not worked for each zone.
NOTE: While I try my best to ensure this Field Day logger is fault tolerant, I can make no guarantees or warranties. Please test and become familiar with it before using it live during Field Day.
* Fixed issue with QRZ images when doing lookups using the XML API.
* Fixed issue with the number board on the QRZ XML Tool
Ratings and Reviews
It’s good. Will not create CABRILLO file.
I keep hoping that an upgrade ill come along that lets the app create CABRILLO files. That seems to be any contest that I am in wants. They don’t accept ADIF files anymore and trying to make a Cabrillo format file drives me crazy. Please create the ability to make and export Cabrillo files. I cannot use this app until it does.
Great app with great support!
I've been using HamLog for almost all of my mobile and portable operations for the last three years. I first downloaded it and used it for field day and it was perfect. An iOS device is perfect as a low power logging computer.
Cloudsync works great, the grid square locator has worked flawlessly on three different models of iPhone, and the band plan and wavelength calculator are great tools to have on hand.
When I had a question about a feature the author was quick to respond and point me in the right direction. The feature was already there!
I have very limited experience with the app so I'll have to report back later after I've used it a little more. That said however, I initially had a QRZ XML Error issue but I contacted the developer and received a reply within hours with a simple workaround (hint: don't use special characters in your QRZ password). Seems like it will be a good app for portable logging and it comes with super support.
The developer, Pignology, LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Pignology, LLC
- 15.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Pignology, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.