The little shark is back. After 25 years, the new Hammerhead is a fresh, mobile reinterpretation of the classic software drum computer that started it all.
Hammerhead is still simple, fun and playful. It still feels like a little 90s groovebox. Except this time it fits in your pocket, it integrates in your plugin ecosystem and comes with a lot more creative possibilities...
- Pick from dozens of classic sounds and loops, or import your own WAVs
- Use the built-in drum synth to design your own kicks, bobs, tocks and thwacks
- Runs standalone and as a state-of-the art AUv3 Audio Unit plugin (e.g. in Garageband)
- AU plugin supports individual outputs per channel, MIDI output and fullscreen modes
- Trigger sounds and patterns using MIDI (when hosted as an AU plugin)
- One-click compression and distortion, with several sound models
- Let the universe decide: random pattern generator, mutation, glitch and much more
- Easily create complex evolving polyrhythms
- Designed for creative fun: no menu diving or arcane expert settings. Just dive in and create
Find the manual on Ruismaker.com
This version exposes all Drum Synth AU parameters for external automation.
- Importing a HH file (e.g. using "Open In" or Airdrop) now also opens the file
- Added confirmation dialog before clearing an entire project
- Improved handling of all different orientations on iPad
- Internal performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The classic is back, more grown and sexy
The original Hammerhead was one of the first programs I ever downloaded to get into music production with computers. It was instant fun and here I am over 20 years later pleasantly finding the old shark’s popped back up out from the depths, with lots more features added that expands the fun and gets it right and comfortable in the modern iOS music app landscape—with auv3 capabilities that lets it get busy with all the other modern apps, and innovative in its own right still, all these years later.
And somehow it still has the simple soul it carried in its original form, that made sure you could get right down to making a beat that knocked to your hearts desire, basically right out of the gate. (Not just for drums either, I love importing my own samples and instrument one shots or melody loops and with starting point adjustment you’ve got some slice arrange capabilities. Of course there’s also pitch adjusting and more to shape your sound and sequences.)
Fun and effective for the novice and professional music-maker alike, this Hammerhead is back with a bigger bite, and it makes me feel I’ve come full circle. The first Hammerhead was one of the first programs to get me in the game, and this latest edition feels like it’s one of the last one’s I’ll ever need.
Instabuy for nostalgia purposes
The app is still downloading and it’s already been giving 5 stars by me. Haven’t even opened it and not even gonna question it.
This is the product of a lifetime of work and even if you don’t own a single Bram Bos app, you be sure to buy this one. When I was a kid Hammerhead truly inspired me at a young age to want to make beats. Of course it’s so accessible for today’s youth and tbh they are quite spoiled, but this was the precursor for me getting into Computer based music production. Here I am at age 39 downloading a new perspective on a old idea from a developer I have respected for two decades, that alone is worth the price of admission. Here’s to you Mr. Bos , you’re a legend and deserve all of your success , full circle.
Must Have App - Best of 2021
Oh my goodnesses! After 30 minutes of discovering all the features, listening to the presets, and creating a few, this is hands down one of the best apps of 2021! Probably the best app of 2021. This thing is amazing, with the compression and distortion options, the glitch section, the mutation, the sounds, wav sample import, the drum synth with random sound creation, swing, soul, mixer, etc… Then you have all the great sequencer features like patterns, pitch, decay, retrig, flam, velocity, & chance! Just wow. This is no doubt a must have app. I can not recommend this one enough. I just spent 30 mins literally saying wow, and omg out loud to myself as I used it. You’ve outdone yourself this time Bram! Brilliant!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bram Bos
- 180.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 1997-2021, Bram Bos
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.