A utility application for scoring your Hand and Foot card games. The scoring options are configurable.
The default configuration is:
- Going out is 100 points.
- Red threes that are played are worth 100 points. A canasta of red threes has a bonus of 1000 points (for a total of 1700+ points)
- Unplayed red threes are -500, and accounted for during card count.
- A canasta of wild cards counts for 1500 points.
- A canasta of sevens counts for 1000 points.
- A "Natural" canasta (a canasta without wildcards) counts for 500 points.
- A "Mixed" canasta (a canasta with wildcards) counts for 300 points.
- Cardcount: cards are counted and the value is entered as a number in the cardcount row.
There are 5 rounds:
- Round 1: 50 points is needed to meld
- Round 2: 90 points is needed to meld
- Round 3: 120 points is needed to meld
- Round 4: 150 points is needed to meld
- Round 5: A canasta is needed to meld
Game can be played by 2, 3, 4 (teams of 2) or 6 (teams of 2) players.
- The value for going out can be configured.
- If red threes are playable, what their value is, and if a bounus for a canasta of red threes is applicable.
- If a canasta of wild cards is "special", what is it's value.
- If a canasta of sevens is "special", what is it's value.
- The value of a natural canasta.
- The value of a mixed canasta.
- Include the 5th (canasta meld) round, or only 4 rounds.
Fixes a "Black Screen" issue with iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hand & foot calculator
The calculator works well. Would you consider adding more player options? When you have an odd number over 3 playing (example 5 players) you cannot use this app. What about adding an option for number of players on the configuration screen? If you allow for screen rotation, it could accommodate more players as well. (Or even a screen swipe on the vertical view.) It would also be nice to have the capability of accessing the rules and configuration while in the scoring screen to refer to. Thanks!!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! We will be adding more players in the next software release, but we will also look into accessing the rules and configuration options in the scoring screen based on your suggestion. In the meantime, we hope you enjoy using the app!
Hand and Foot Calculator
This app greatly simplifies canasta scoring by doing all the calculations. It is optimized for the Hand and Foot version of the game. The app also keeps a running total as the game progresses through the various melds. It is best suited for iPads and is well worth the small investment.
Hand & Foot
This looks like it will work well for just Hand & Foot. We are also playing a new version called Hand, Foot & Toe. It looks like this will work if it had an option to add 5’s. It has a mandatory list of 5’s, 7’s, (1) wild, (1) clean, (1) dirty before you can go out. Is it possible to add 5’s? Thank you
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are currently reviewing additional enhancements for the app and hope to have a new version out in the next couple months.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.