Powerful relational database manager now available for the iPad!
Please Note: This version is optimized for the iPad, if you have an iPhone, there is a separate version available in the App Store.
Track almost anything. Examples:
Shopping Lists,DVD Collections,Passwords,Prayer Lists,To Dos,Workouts,Recipes,Checkbook,Weight Loss,Auto Mileage
Patient Lists,Billing Codes,Charge Capture
* Create and Edit Databases right on your iPad
* 19 different field types
* Relational- link between different database tables
* Sorting,Filtering, and Customized Views
* Field level Encryption
* Optional Forms Designer available via In-App Purchase
* Desktop Connect- connect via web browser and load/save databases, import/export
* Databases emailed to you can be opened from the mail program and synced right into HanDBase
* Backup and Install databases directly from the iTunes cabled interface.
* Integration w/ HanDBase Gallery-download over 2000 templates
* Support for photos, GPS/Maps, and barcode scanning via camera equipped devices
We are a world leader in the mobile database space and have compatible solutions (sold separately) for desktops, synchronization to programs like Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Filemaker, and most ODBC enabled apps. See our web site for more details and options: http://www.ddhsoftware.com/iPad
Please Note: The HanDBase database format does not support Unicode, so while English and most European languages are supported, other languages are not.
- Removed certain sample databases included in previous update
- Adjusted quick search bar text color to be more easily readable.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been a HanDBase user in the past and recently had a need for a database on my iPad. So I went back to HanDBase, paid the fee, downloaded the app and got to work. Having entered a small but significant amount of data, I decided to test out how HanDBase could be used to back up this data and thus protect me from future data loss. Unfortunately, the Desktop Connect feature that I used to use on the HanDBase version on my iPhone doesn’t seem to work on the iPad version of the app. I went to ddhsoftware’s support site but couldn’t find help there. I also noted that the support site seems quite outdated (meaning the content, not the form). This leads me to ask the following question: Is HanDBase for iPad being actively supported?
I noticed that it has been a year since the last time anything has been done with the app by the developer. A lot of things have advanced since that short time ago. Is there any chance that there will be a Major update to the HanDBase app? I use this application quite a lot, and every time I open the app l am reminded of Windows 95 or maybe the version just after dos 3. Please bring the app forward since the start of the GUI and present us with something new and fresh. Please.
Not worth the effort
This app has a lot of potential, but it's honestly not worth the effort to set up. The developers don't really seem to "get" iOS app design. For example, when creating a database, there are 100 possible fields in a database, which are presented in a list. This list cannot be reordered, so if you need to add a field between the current field 3 and field 4 in a list of 20 fields, you'd have to change every field from 4-21, instead of adding one field and just moving it to the position you want it to be. Another example: when entering data in an integer-only field, the app doesn't bring up the numeric keyboard, so there are extra key presses required every time just to bring up the number keys.
It may be a good database, but the interface is so bad I never really got to the point that I'd be willing to use it.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DDH Software, LLC
- 24 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 1997-2023 DDH Software, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- HanDBase Forms Designer for iPad $4.99