** This is an extension to Handheld Contact desktop software ***
Handheld Contact for Act! allows you to wirelessly sync and manage your Act! Contacts, Activities, and Notes/Histories from your iPhone - it's like having Act! with you anywhere, anytime!
- View and manage Act! contacts and activities anytime, anywhere.
- Secure wireless sync with iPhone or iPad & Act! via internet.
- Call/email Act! contacts.
- Automatic syncing in coverage while application is running.
- Act! data stored locally, coverage not required.
- Take notes in Handheld Contact.
- Calendar export.
- Import and export Contacts.
- Secondary contacts.
- Secure, fully-hosted solution.
- Customize syncing for your needs.
You must have a Handheld Contact account.
New features and Improvements
- Fix for tagging option disabled
- Fix for "recently deleted contacts" issue
- Fix for crashing while selecting categories on Bug reporting (iOS 15)
Love the app? Rate us !
Any question ? Tap App Support or Visit http://support.handheldcontact.com/Knowledgebase/List/Index/8/hhc-api
- Now you can Recover deleted contacts with Handheld Contact Classic
- New modern UI look
- Added Dashboard and ability to switch between Home and Dashboard as a main screen style
- Mail merge feature
Ratings and Reviews
Much improved new version!
This app has had its struggles but v8.0 deserves credit for finally solving the major problems. Now that it seems stable again, it is the best app for Act on an iPhone. Even Swiftpage’s sales folks recommended it as better than their own iOS app (I called once called them to talk about using their app and was told “HHC is better, even with its buggy release problems.”)
I decided to write this because the earlier reviews are about older HHC versions and the developer deserves credit for sticking with it to get the bugs fixed. Those of us who are committed to Act need this app!
I don’t use Opportunities or Secondary Contacts, so I can’t comment on those new features in v8.0, but the “basics” (Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, History) work very well now. If you haven’t tried HHC recently (or are still using ‘HHC Legacy’ out of fear v8.0 has problems), it’s time to try it again.
The developer needs to be sure they thoroughly test new releases. That’s why the app has had checkered reviews. It still has a few cosmetic bugs but nothing affecting functionality or data integrity. If, over time, they fix the cosmetic issues and don’t break it with a future release, I’d move it to 5 stars.
Renewed after a break in service
I had this app for a few years to avoid monthly charge from Sage Act! It was OK but not great. Upon renewing last month I was very happy to see how much Handheld Contact has improved. I have no issues on usability at all. For the annual fee I don’t see how you can beat this app to connect with my database. I am sure the full subscription app from Sage is better, but this app has to be 95% of the way there and I am very pleased with how well it syncs and displays the calendar now. Thanks for putting in the effort to make the app work much better than two years ago.
The Power and Productivity of ACT for the iPhone
I have been using ACT as my calendar and contact management application since the mid 1990s. Handheld Contact is an amazing app that provides all of ACT’s power and productivity for the iPhone OS and platform. Handheld Contact has virtually the same capabilities as ACT. Having Handheld Contact on my iPhone allows me the use of my favorite contact and calendar manager even at those times that I can’t have my PC or laptop with me. I do not know what I would do without Handheld Contact. It is indispensable.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- J2X Technologies Inc.
- 46.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2021 Keystroke Quality Computing Inc.