Make handwriting practice fun! With Wet-Dry-Try, children learn and practice correct formation habits for writing capitals, numbers, and lowercase letters. The app simulates our Slate Chalkboard and Blackboard with Double Lines and helps children learn handwriting skills in the easiest, most efficient way. The result truly is handwriting without tears!
- A proven multisensory approach teaches children to write letters and numbers with correct habits and without reversals.
- Children can practice letters in any order they choose, or follow the HWT Order, which presents the letters in the proven Handwriting Without Tears® developmental teaching order.
- A personal coach helps children with friendly audio cues to learn formation steps and fix mistakes.
- Student-created avatars let children personalize their learning, and help them easily identify their accounts.
- Each letter has three levels of difficulty that build skills progressively. Master a level and win a star. Earn three stars and win a letter card. Collect them all to win the grand prize!
- The two options for sensitivity allow parents and educators to adjust the writing tolerance depending on each student’s needs.
- The smiley face and Slate Chalkboard frame promotes good handwriting and reading habits for capitals and numbers.
- Lefty-friendly setting lets you adapt horizontal cross-strokes to make their handwriting easier.
- The double lines, modeled after our Blackboard with Double Lines, make it easy to understand where lowercase letters start and end.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Occupational therapist review so take note 🤓
1. Needs to be accessible without wifi because not all schools have available wifi
2. Please get rid of ⬅️🔄 located at the bottom of the screen. My special needs kids try to get out of working by clicking on them.
3. Touch sensitivity. Let's work on force modulation! Since this program is targeted toward children with development delays would it not make sense to allow us to increase or decrease the touch sensitivity based on needs. Example with kids who press to light we can decrease touch sensitivity to improve force modulation.
I am 10
I am only 10 and my handwriting is not so good when I got on this app it was is like why do I need this I mean I know my handwriting is pretty bad but this is for kindergartners but when you like proceed in the challenges of writing you learn a bit more . my letters were squiggly and you could hardly read them and this one asks you to try again and it built up the courage to try again because I give up pretty easy when it doesn’t really work out and so I think this is a great app for you or your children
Time for an update
Letters no longer work and it looks like it hasn't been supported in a while.
- No Tears Learning, Inc
- 69.9 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Handwriting Without Tears & Get Set For School
- In-App Purchases
- Add two students $7.99
- Add a student $3.99
- Add three students $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.