"Thanks to this useful app, drawing realistic hands can become a whole lot easier" - ImagineFX
"Pencillers, inkers, and colorists should all give this a look!" - Tony Moore, co-creator of The Walking Dead
If you're an artist and ever wanted just quick and easy drawing reference for hands, heads, or even feet (IAP) without having to awkwardly pose your limbs in front of a mirror, this app is for you!
HANDY is an artist's reference tool, consisting of several rotatable 3D limbs with a variety of poses useful for drawing. You can also customize and edit your own poses for hands, feet, and skulls.
Fully adjustable 3-point lighting means you can get easy lighting reference when using any of the 10+ included 3D head busts. Handy if you’re painting and need to know what shadows the head casts from a certain angle!
Also available is the Animal Skulls pack. With over 10 different animal species, it's great for anatomical reference or creature design inspiration.
[Foot rigs and Animal Skull pack require additional purchase]
NEW in Handy v5: Edit the materials of models! Selectively turn off their textures, adjust their specularity, or tint them a certain color.
Perfect for comic book artists, painters, or just casual sketchers!
Featured in ImagineFX's Top 10 Must-Have Apps!
Check out the video demo:
Sign up for the HANDY newsletter for information about new upcoming updates!
Follow HANDY on Twitter
Follow HANDY on Facebook
- Fixed a Metal rendering bug that would cause Handy to crash on older devices
Welcome to the Handy 5.0 Update! Some new additions to this version include:
- You can now load multiple models!
- Upgraded lighting and rendering methods to PBR standards and with sub surface scattering effects
- New category: Props! Knife, Pistol, Pipe, Sword, and Katana
- Material Editor! Want to turn off the model's textures? Or edit the material to be more shiny? Or just want to color tint it? No problem
- iCloud sync now enabled for your Saved Scenes and Light Rigs across devices!
- Darker skin variants for hand / leg limbs
- 2 new high res fully textured head busts added
- Dynamic rendering quality for lower-end phones
- Some expanded camera controls like being able to lock the light rotation to the camera rotation, or lock the axis of rotation (when in landscape mode)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great and helpful App
I use this all the time for reference. Very handy pun intended.
I'm very dissapointed.
I was looking for a reference to the hand and foot, and I found this application. The first time I paid 4.99 dollars at first. And a day later, I found a notice that Hand and Foot reference section and It said to ask for $1.99? What kind of payment is this? If. you have secret demand money you must tell about this beforehand.
Port of Mobile App
It is just a port of a mobile app. The interface is wonky.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Scott McKie
- 217 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © Belief Engine / Mike Monroe
- In-App Purchases
- Feet Models $1.99
- Animal Skull Pack $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.