The perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. Seek, find, record and return home with Handy GPS.
This app is a real navigation tool designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking and trail riding. It allows you to work in UTM or lat/lon coordinates.
Note: This version of the app is limited to storing 2 waypoints and 20 tracklog points. The paid version does not have these limits.
* View your current location in UTM or Lat/Lon formats.
* Record and/or manually enter waypoints.
* Goto a waypoint.
* Record a track log.
* Show your current location, waypoints and tracklogs on a map.
* Export waypoints and tracklogs to a KML file for viewing in Google Earth, or to a GPX file.
* Import KML or GPX files and view in the app.
* Email your current location to a friend.
* Odometer to keep track of how far you've gone.
* Magnetic compass.
* Supports both metric and US/imperial units.
* Supports datums WGS84, GDA94, AGD66 and AGD84. (Use WGS84 for NAD83)
* Can show your current location as an MGRS grid ref (WGS84 only).
* Optional walk timer.
Additional features only available in the paid version include:
* Entry of parameters for a custom datum (e.g. ED50, SAD69, OSGB36, etc)
* Elevation profile.
* Compute sun rise and set times.
* Unlimited waypoints and tracklog points.
Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. To save battery power you can close the app from the task manager. The developer accepts no responsibility for you getting lost while using this app.
Added the ability to enter a session name when the "New session" button is pressed.
Ratings and Reviews
- Anthony Dunk
- 3.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Anthony Dunk
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.