Hangouts Chat is an intelligent and secure communications tool, built for teams. From direct messages to team chat rooms, Hangouts Chat makes team communication easy and efficient.
Currently for G Suite customers only.
- Group messaging that allows G Suite content sharing (Docs, Sheets, Slides), without having to worry about granting permissions.
- Google search functionality, with options to filter for conversations and content that you’ve shared.
- Ready for Enterprise, with the full benefits of G Suite security and access controls including Data Loss Prevention, Compliance, Admin Settings, Vault Retention, Holds, Search & Export
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
So close, yet so far.
This app is almost there. It desperately needs to be able to manage multiple accounts, and it certainly should (go back to) a side-by-side format (I don’t know what happened; I’m 90% sure we had that before and then this last update broke it). It would be nice if individual chats could have “conversations” also to keep things nice and organized. You also MUST be able to delete/archive rooms. Oh, and we need some sort of thumbs-up or “like” feature! There have been a lot of “updates” pushed out lately, but not many changes. It would be nice to see some new features/upgrades soon!
This app is in alpha phase
I dont usually rate apps . But this app is way far from being ready . I'm a Google fan boy and I try to adopt the lastest of what Google has to offer in our organization. But this product was one of the worst apps I've used . The app has potential but is missing many important features and it's very frustrating trying to use the app. Google Hangouts is an old app and yet it feels more capable and functional than the chat app. I feel Google need to put more resources into this app . As for now we stuck with an old app (Google Hangouts) and an basic chat app that just frustrating. I wish Google bought WhatsApp a while back 😂. Common Google before you focus on AI try to get focus on getting the basics right .
Gsuite Admin since 2008
1. Better push notification handling.
When I receive a new message and I’m outside the app, I get a nice little banner notification, can see the content, and hit reply near instantly.
But, if I then switch into the app, I experience a lag of several seconds as it downloads and renders that same message. This is frustrating because I know that you have already sent me the message - why is it then slowing me down as it downloads and re-renders the same message? It would be better if I could switch to the app, and immediately see the message.
2. Ability to share content from outside the app. I’m browsing in safari, see an interesting article, and want to share with my team. There is no activity extension from google chat, so I have to copy the URL, switch to google chat (takes several seconds to load) then paste it in. Slack lets me do this directly from Safari.
- Google LLC
- 83.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.