Hapi Listener app — the app for listeners.
Become a Hapi listener. Gain new perspectives by doing what you love. Turn your spare time into rewarding moments.
Our mission is to enable humankind to live an emotionally healthier life:
- Become a listener to make an impact. Listening to others is one of the best ways we can create a happier world.
- Listen to our talkers as they share their experiences and thoughts.
- Enable talkers to improve their emotional life and to achieve their goals.
Being a listener on Hapi is flexible and rewarding. Choose your own schedule. Do what you love whenever you want and wherever you are.
Join our community and start making a difference. Be there. Be Hapi.
Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Hapi is good but not perfect
Hapi is a beneficial app if you get a listener who is good at just that. I found that working with Hapi you don’t get paid enough and withdrawing the money is a pain in the butt because you have to email the company to process the payment. It’s good that they direct deposit it to your bank and it only took two days so that wasn’t that bad but it would be easier if I could just do it straight from the app. Also you can only withdrawal if you accumulated 25 dollars at least. It’s not a huge deal but it’s different. I’ve talked to a lot of great people and I know that I’ve helped many people so it feels good to be paid for that. Also sometimes the app is buggy when getting requests. Also the terms of service are scary because I think from what I read they record conversations and can even listen to them. Also they do keep a record of cookies and your information. I know they say they don’t sell your info but it’s definitely something to think about. Communicating with the company is actually easy and they respond fast. They are also helpful and quick to answer any questions or concerns. I think they are still evolving and need to make some changes but overall it’s a great app that gives you the opportunity to make money in the comfort of your own house and it gives people the opportunity to talk about anything they want and that they are actually being listened to.
The “listeners” are just everyday normal people. They don’t have the professional authority to be giving anyone proper advice about what to do for their mental health. If I’m getting help from someone I want it to be professional and not someone who thinks they “know” just because they’ve “gone through it too” or read a lot online. Hapi Listeners should have to go through a screening first to evaluate them to see if they are even fit to be giving out information in the first place.
Listeners not receiving compensation//app glitches
Hapi has three major problems to work out before I could, in good conscience, recommend becoming a paid Listener:
1. COMPENSATION: While the Listener compensation rate is abysmal (about $7/hour) and falls far below the minimum wage, I understand the company’s creative argument that Listeners do not work for the money, but rather the intrinsic reward of helping real people with real problems. This logic, while idealistic, fails its Listeners by exploiting their bleeding hearts and their time. There is a reason we have basic labor legal protections in place: they exist to protect vulnerable low income workers from being taken advantage of (let’s be real, most people working as a Hapi Listener are far from an amazing place financially) so to pay them $7/hour is straight up demoralizing and cruel.
That said, I’ve taken a few calls and felt good about helping the people (or “Talkers” as Hapi labels them) I’ve listed to; however, in more than a few of the calls, about 20-30 min in, the call time log will reset back to 0:00 and the full time I listened to my Talker is erased from the record. In nearly every call I’ve taken, the actual minutes I spent on the phone were at least double those actually logged by the app. Having very serious existing compensation issues (morally speaking) on your hands, at the very least please update our call logs to properly reflect the time spent with Talkers...so even if it’s a pithy $7/hour, we get those $7 for each hour.
2. As a Listener, you will almost always wait 30 min and often over an hour before receiving a call. Seems like Happi may have an abundance of Listeners with very few paying Talkers. I hope they can get the supply/demand thing figured out soon.
3. In more than a few instances, I have been in the middle of talking someone through an extremely heavy, emotional, crisis-fueled situation when the Hapi App, with absolutely no warning, cuts off the call. I assume the reason is as simple as the caller running out of paid minutes. When this happens, I’m left with tremendous worry for the person...in these more serious calls, it takes Talkers significant time and emotional effort to fully explain their situation and make meaningful headway with their Listener; therefore, with no way to reconnect a Talker with their original Listener, cutting off calls mid-conversation feels plain reprehensible and disgusting.
- EBSW LLC
- 52.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2020 EBSW LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.