happn is a DATING app with more than 50 million users which allows you to easily find the people you’ve crossed paths with IN REAL LIFE (yes, those who caught your eye, but you didn’t dare to approach)! With happn, we give you the opportunity to create your own luck!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. When you cross paths with someone in real life who has happn, their profile appears on your app.
2. Check your Timeline to find all the profiles you’ve crossed paths with. For each profile, you can see how many times you’ve crossed paths, as well as the location and time it happened (no, no need to be a detective)!
3. Fancy someone? Like them secretly. We promise the other person will not know about it unless they Like you too (yes, you might get lucky). Would you like to get noticed? Say Hello to send a notification!
4. You Like each other? It's a Crush! But wait, that’s not it... Find the right words to start a conversation (show off your writing skills)!
5. You can also choose to defy fate and play CrushTime, the game in which you have to guess who Liked you amongst four profiles you’ve recently crossed paths with.
CRUSH IN TOTAL CONFIDENCE
* happn was fully created on a principle of reciprocity: we promise you’ll never receive a message from a profile you are not interested in.
* On happn, confidentiality is also one of our priorities: your location will not be shown to other members.
* Downloading and using the app is FREE!
However, there is a Premium subscription that unlocks certain features.
happn Premium Terms & Conditions
With happn Premium not only do you benefit from an ad-free app and get up to 10 Hellos per day, but you can now also access the following features:
- List of people who have Liked you
- Be invisible
If you choose to purchase a happn Premium subscription, your payment will be made through your iTunes account, and the amount will always be charged 24 hours before the end of each period. Your subscription will automatically be renewed until auto-renewal is turned off, at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can disable the auto-renewal at any time in the iTunes Store Settings. The happn Premium subscription is currently available for $24,99 for 1 month, 89,99$ for 6 months and 119,99$ for 12 months. Prices are quoted in U.S. dollars and may be subject to variations in countries outside the U.S. Prices may also be subject to change without notification. Paid subscription to happn Premium is not mandatory. You can continue to use happn for free.
Personal data provided is handled as mentioned in the Terms & Conditions of the happn Confidentiality Policy:
The latest version of happn is here! And there are many surprises inside :-)
We enhanced the navigation on the app. Thanks for using happn!
Ratings and Reviews
Too many ads, not enough safety features
The app would pick up anyone who walked past my house or my office with this app installed — which isn’t necessarily a bad thing because I live in a small city and the app isn’t very popular here. Sometimes, the same match would frequently pass both. One match messaged — and he may have been joking, but I chose not to respond and blocked him — that he knew where I lived based on how frequently he matched with me as he passed by my house during my non-working hours. My complaint is that there were so many ads, and not enough control given to the user over their data and personal safety within the app. This is a premium feature — when it should ABSOLUTELY be standard — and the cost of a premium membership is much too steep for the app that it is. I have used better apps and paid much less for them, and safety is their main concern — you don’t have to pay for safety features in a quality app.
Decent app but 0 stars for usability and UX
The app is ok, I’ve been a user for a couple years I have even paid for the premium service, and I’ve met people through it... but...
The user experience is not good, you can’t unmatch someone by simply pressing X so their profile keeps appearing over and over again which at the end, fills up your app with unwanted or “not-so-interesting” profiles and trying to get to those new and possibly interesting profiles, takes a whole lot of time... which completely ruins the experience.
If I press X , is like the app to know that I’m unliking that profile and I’m not interested in crossing paths with them again ... expecting me to block all the profiles I’m not interested in, is ridiculous.
There are better apps out there!
When I first started using this app back in 2015, it looked like a good idea. I normally spend about 99% of my time driving everywhere so my eyes and brain are focused on driving, not checking out people I pass by. This app allows you to go back and see if you’ve passed by another cute. You could also choose to have your profile hidden if you didn’t want someone to purposely pass by your house so they could show up on your feed.
However, as the years went, the hidden profile feature has become a paid service along with a lot of other options. If I had to pay for amount, I would prefer to use other sites with more profile info. Most of the functions now are for paid members only.
To to it off, the profiles are either fake or people claim they want a relationship but message you for hookups. Seriously? If I wanted a hookup, I would have gone elsewhere than to hookup with someone who knows where I live.
- HAPPN SAS
- 165 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2011-2018 happn
- In-App Purchases
- Starter pack - 10 Credits $1.99
- 60 Coins $10.99
- Starter pack - 10 Credits $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.