Since 1999, HappyCow has helped users find 108,000+ restaurants, cafes, and grocery stores in 180+ countries. Read 500,000+ reviews and see 500,000+ photos posted by our awesome community! With HappyCow, you can search for vegan-friendly bakeries, health food stores, catering, farmers markets, juice bars, and coffee shops!
• Filter by Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, cuisine type, and more!
• Easily search near you, or nearby an address (perfect for planning a trip!)
• Plan your travels by using our interactive map and saving places for offline viewing
• Find popular and undiscovered eateries with keywords and cuisine filters: perfect for foodie adventures and Instagram pics!
• See hours, directions, photos, and reviews - so easy!
► COMMUNITY & ENGAGE:
• Add restaurants to your Favorite list or Travel list
• Upload photos & submit reviews at places you love! Track where you’ve been!
• Join the largest Veg community with 415,000+ people who are changing the world!
• Content is updated 24/7 by a dedicated team and 2 million+ monthly visitors
• HappyCow is supported in Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Spanish, and now Portuguese.
Please contact us before leaving feedback or rating -- we’d like to help you. Send us a message: email@example.com
► CONTRIBUTE TO HAPPYCOW
HappyCow is a community-run app, and we rely on users like you to keep our content up-to-date.
Can't find your fave vegan place on HappyCow? List it!
See an issue with an existing listing? Send an update!
Our app is a 1-time fee (NOT monthly subscription), but if you’re unsure about us, check out our free website happycow.com to find amazing restaurants near you!
HappyCow apps use your device location to find restaurants near your current location. We do not store your device location on our servers.
HappyCow apps provide you with a way upload restaurant photos from your existing library on your device. We never access your photos until you choose to view them from within the app.
HappyCow app allows you to take photos of your favorite restaurants, which we encourage you to share with our users. The app stores these photos with your other pictures on your device so you may admire them whenever you please, or upload at a later date. We never access your camera or save photos until you perform those actions from within the app.
Vegan powered by HappyCow.com
More changes and improvements:
* Now displaying photos on individual reviews
* Optimized the main search field so you may change location with one touch
* Added support for 24-hour clock time format
* Various improvements, bug fixes, and optimizations.
As always, please email us if you have any issues or feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Improved Search by adding search by Business Name or keyword from the main search field
* Per your suggestions we added a Vegan Only option for Stores & More so those wanting to see only all vegan businesses of all types may now do so
* Improved map view and added venue details in a pop-up window when you click on markers
* Added support for those wanting to use Waze Maps
* Added Full Support for Dark Mode
* Added “Breakfast” as new category
* Have a furry friend who wants to eat with you? You’re now a step closer to finding a great vegan-friendly spot using our new Features filter “Outdoor Seating” which should give you ideas on where it’s good to go. We also added support for searching by places which “Accept Credit Cards”, are “Wheelchair Accessible, and which have “Wi-Fi” so you when you travel you can stay connected.
What are Points for? Check out a breakdown in your Profile (“Me” tab) by clicking on “Points” to view info on the HappyCow scoring system & perks.
* Added a button to quickly clear filters when you aren't getting results
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best resource for finding veg-friendly restaurants
Someone recommended this to me when I first went vegan a few years back. It had been less than a month and I was just starting to feel that I wouldn’t be able to do it because I missed eating out with the family. We met this guy in front of the one vegan restaurant I managed to find by just trying to Google a bunch of stuff and when I told him what I went through, he told me about the app and I have been an avid user since! I have used it to plan trips because you can save an itinerary of places you want to visit beforehand and it’s really easy to add restaurants that you may find on your own. If you use the app I encourage you to leave reviews and add restaurants because that’s how the information grows. It is definitely worth the download!
*As of Aug 2018, the app has been redesigned and looks great! The ability to filter by restaurant type directly from the main page is a welcome new addition!
Just use Google, honestly it’s way better
In response to Happy Cow’s response: You suggest “lowering your standards” and adding establishments that only offer “a few” vegan friendly options - excuse me but I thought the purpose of this app was to guide us vegans to restaurants that have vegan friendly options, even if it’s only “a few.” Maybe I misunderstood the premise of this app? I don’t think so. And I tried adding the place we ate at in Ely, NV and the website made me feel like it wasn’t appropriate to add it so I didn’t. Stupid questions like “are you SURE they have more than a few vegan options?” No, I’m not sure but I’d still like other vegans to know they can get a pizza there if they’d like. Google can do that, too. Google all the way. (Original review:)This used to be a great and helpful app for finding vegan food nearby - when I was in Seattle. Now, not so much. A month ago I went on the road and was fully expecting this app to help guide me to vegan friendly establishments. That has not been the case. For example, I’m sitting in Ely, Nevada right now and when I search in Happy Cow one restaurant pops up and it’s closed. However, when I search in google I found a pizza joint, a Mexican restaurant and a couple other places that offer vegan friendly options. I was borderline angry when I discovered that because I paid for this stupid app. I’m on the road 100% of the time and I’d suggest just using google and not waste your money on this app.
Developer Response ,
Hello EmeraldCityGurl, again, really, we encourage you to consider backing your statements up with specifics and facts.
For instance, the Google results we see only list Happy Garden with a "vegan options" mention, but it's not Google stating it, it's a user review which hasn't been verified. The restaurant does not have an online menu as far as we can tell. Any Chinese or Mexican place will likely have some vegan options by hacking the menu, and everyone knows this so there is no point listing every place. While we have certain guidelines we try to follow, we still review listings on a case by case basis. We take into account how many listings are already in an area, etc. HappyCow is focused on adding places that make an honest attempt at offering vegan options without a lot of menu hacking. For example, most pizza restaurants offer the option to remove cheese on request to make it vegan friendly but we don’t feel that’s making an effort to provide adequate vegan options. If you believe places are missing which are on Google for Ely, please email (email@example.com) some examples so we may investigate, otherwise please update your review to reflect the actual situation. Thank you.
A must have for any vegan/vegetarian.
Upon going vegan I chose not to purchase this app due to the higher than average price, but since then I have had many great meals thanks to this app which makes it well worth the cost. The app has some issues that need to be worked upon and the kind developer team has informed me that they are aware of them and are doing their best to integrate them.
I recommend this app to anyone who is traveling or living in a metropolitan area where there may be vegan/vegetarian restaurants unknown to them. For those who reside in the suburbs and don’t travel I recommend you use the free website to see what types of options there are around you at one time. I wish there were vegan/veg restaurants everywhere but that is not always the case so check the website first.
I hope that the happy cow community grows because for now I use happy cow to locate the restaurant but google to see the reviews and photos. If a rest isn’t on happy cow has a large number of positive reviews and photos it’s bound to be a home run of a a meal.
Developer Response ,
Hi Stephen, we understand this issue and on the website there already exists such a filter. We thought that we'd add chain listings as the new functionality to filter them was being coded, but seems it's taking more time to get that functionality in the apps. It will be there soon though, please be patient!
For now, we suggest filtering out VegOptions in a city like Manhattan, or choosing a very small search radius, ie 1 mile.
Hope you will update your review now that you understand this issue better and show support with a 5-star rating. For HappyCow to improve we rely on success here, and updating your review will help keep the project going.
- HappyCow, Inc
- 73.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2011-2019, HappyCow Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.