Combining ease of use with richness of content, this dictionary is intuitive and intelligent
The dictionary offers an entirely updated content for 2013:
• 400,000 words and phrases
• 600,000 translations
• 650 notes on usage (false friends, words difficult to translate) and hundreds of cultural notes
• More than 500 proverbs and idiomatic phrases enabling you to express yourself as naturally as possible
• 100 articles allowing for a better understanding of the formation of words, starting with prefixes and suffixes (-ly, -less, -esque etc.)
• Numerous regional variations (American, Irish, Australian etc.)
• Every verb conjugated
• All the most recent words included (gaz de schiste, fuiter, hacktivism, paywall etc.)
• A History and Favourites classed by the meanings of words
• A hypertext on every word allowing you to jump quickly from one translation to another
• Pronunciations given for all words and translations (on-line mode only)
►Practical: customisable font sizes for better visual comfort
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Upgrade for 64 bits / iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
De temps en temps, elle ne dites pas le mot
Beautiful arrangement, comprehensive work. Annoyance: clicking on the pronunciation symbol beside a word, phrase or sentence may or may not produce the pronunciation. Unpredictable as to when you'll be successful.
Precise translation, once installe work even without 3G or wifi
The traduction is very good , illustrate with many expressions and examples to put the word in his context and find the appropriate translation. You can also listen to the prononciation. But the best is that once you charge the app you dońt need anymore wifi or 3G so you can access the dictionary without any phone charge when your travelling .
Hardly different from the French-English Larousse
I bought this app from reading reviews of the "Harrap's" dictionary online, thinking it would have much more content than the Larousse French-English Dictionary (priced much less than the Harrap's). I already have that dictionary. The content is almost identical, however the Harrap's is three times the cost. There is no point in buying this if you already have the Larousse French-English dictionary. There is bits of extra content (as displayed, the Harrap's explains the French suffix "-able"), but not nearly enough to justify the price. This is when I wished I could have flipped through this "app," like a book in a bookstore, before buying it! I also wish I could return it, as it is substantially a duplicate of what I already have.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Editions Larousse
- 158.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Harrap 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.