• Winner of a MOM'S CHOICE Gold Award
• Winner of a PARENTS’ CHOICE Silver Honor Award
• Winner of the Editor's Choice Award from Children's Technology Review
• An interactive animated storybook by the creator of the award-winning Living Books
• A “spooky” tale of how imagination can make things seem scarier than they are
"This is one of the best designed interactive children's books I've ever seen"
- Mac Observer
"Harry and the Haunted House is a twelve page interactive storybook that blends a well-told story written by Mark Schlichting with thoughtful animation by developer Wanderful. The app offers Read to Me or Let Me Play modes. The former is especially delightful. Animations play automatically, which encourages children to listen up, watch, and take a break from tapping their screen. The story's words are highlighted as expressive voice actors read them so that early readers can follow along.
Though in a sense a ghost story, Harry and the Haunted House will inspire more giggles than scares. After Harry hits his baseball a little too far, he and his friends decide to look for it in the abandoned house where it lands. Children will enjoy seeing how Harry and his friends' imaginations create spooky situations. They see ghosts that turn out to be their own reflection, for example, and hear strange noises that are actually Harry's dog playing with the found ball. In the end, children learn that scary things (like old houses, dark closets, or the space under a bed) are not so terrible once one learns more about them."
- Parents' Choice ©2013 Parents' Choice
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! Harry and the Haunted House is an imaginative, interactive and slightly spooky reading experience with fully animated content loved by children, parents and teachers alike.
Wanderful brings every page of this Mark Schlichting story to life. Read and play along with Harry and his friends as they retrieve their baseball lost in the “haunted” house across the field. “W-W-What’s that noise?” “We froze in our steps…”
• Story is in both English and Spanish - change language from any page
• 12 fully animated pages
• French story content unlocks with upgrade
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when tapped
• All words are “active” for extended word play and language learning
• Animated surprises on each page – can you find all the performing bugs?
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Multiple settings to customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Two modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 31 page overview of Wanderful interactive storybooks Classroom Activities and a free preview of the Harry and the Haunted House Classroom Activities guide
• The full 58 page Classroom Activities guide is available as an upgrade
Wanderful’s goal is to bring outstanding interactive storybooks to a new generation of children. We hope Harry and the Haunted House provides your family, children and students with hours of delightful story play.
Harry and the Haunted House is written by Mark Schlichting, creator of the Living Books series.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. Our apps:
• do not collect any information
• do not contain ads
• do contain in-app purchases
• do not have active links to websites or social networks
• do use analytics to improve our app experience but only in aggregate and never with personally identifiable data
Optimized for full 64-bit performance.
Fixed an iOS 11 specific issue with certain buttons and page scroller.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
You’re never too old for this!!
As a child of the 90s, I have always enjoyed playing Living Books computer games, and this was one of them. An adventure with a rabbit named Harry and his three friends – a jackrabbit named Earl, a cat named Amy, and a skunk whom goes by the nickname of Stinky. Earl pitches the ball and Harry hits what appears to be a home run, but ends up winding up into some abandoned Queen Anne-esque mansion that has seen better days. They venture into the mansion where all but Amy believe the house is haunted with spirits and other creatures lurking around. Can they find the ball before it’s too late?
This game and story is very fun with lots of action and objects to tap/click with different animations/actions, and great for people in the furry community, for both kids and adults. And had author and artist Mark Schlichting written more books with more adventures with this crew, this would have become a franchise.
Excited to find
I love the Living Books series. I bought them for my children 20+ years ago and they love to sit in my lap and play and read along. I am so excited to find these for my grandson. Highly recommend for ages where the child can sit and listen when being read to. I think 2-6 are prime ages. I am getting for my grandson who is 1. He loves to pat the iPad and I think he will enjoy the response of making something happen. Definitely with buying.
Best Interactive Storybooks for Children
Your storybook apps are my child's favorite apps on the iPad. They are the best interactive books for engaging children, and helping children to learn to read. They are fun, engaging, packed with tons of variety to hold the child's attention, and are easy for children to learn to navigate. The arrows for page turning provide great visual cues.
Thank you for the many happy and wonderful hours you have given my son.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Wanderful, Inc.
- 164.7 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2012, Wanderful, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- French Upgrade $1.99
- Premium Upgrade $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.