Harry's LapTimer is the advanced tool for car enthusiast. It records all types of sensor data provided by your iPhone/iPod/iPad (or external sensors), combines them, and makes them available to optimize your drive. Over time, you will get insights on your car and in your driving, not known before.
LapTimer offers more than 1300 predefined tracks world wide. With its assistants, it is extremely easy to setup - just click your track and drive. It fully automates your lap timing using GPS, and presents the results to all kinds of media.
You are not limited to track driving only. For example, you may define your home and working locations as a 'track', collect statistics on different ways chosen, and analyze / optimize the time used every day.
Want to show your drive to your friends? LapTimer Petrolhead and above generates beautiful in car video recordings with all kinds of data overlaid, ready to be presented - e.g. on youtube. Even without video, recorded data can be analyzed using purpose designed views, making it easy to analyze and improve your driving performance.
Using online racing, you can use LapTimer in competition. LapTimer offers a Hall of Fame, allows watching you and your friends on track - all in real time. Compare your sector times, braking / acceleration points, and learn from each other.
You can start with your plain iPhone in the beginning and add external GPS and OBD II sensors later, step by step, and as you need it. LapTimer itself comes in three different editions: LapTimer Rookie is the entry level with all you need for lap timing; LapTimer Petrolhead is the advanced version including lots of video features, and LapTimer Grand Prix is the edition for professionals including Multi Cam recording, Health Kit integration, and advanced sensor and analytics functionality.
Please note that functionality depends on your device, the LapTimer edition chosen, and sometimes even external sensors added (like OBD II). Please visit our web page to get the full story. All edition can be upgraded later, all editions come with native iPhone and iPad support.
There are quite expensive stand alone solutions for track days available. Be smart and own the leading edge tool simply by using your iPhone and LapTimer. Besides the professional area, there is no known solution that offers more functionality than LapTimer does - across the market. As our ambition is to offer the best tool, LapTimer is enhanced continuously.
Please visit http://www.gps-laptimer.de for detailed information on versions, FAQs / documentation, in depth technology background information, online racing, and supported device configurations. Join our user community on http://www.gps-laptimer-forum.de to be involved in future development - all with first class support.
This is our next major release. It is free for all existing users!
- Reworked all logging format importers (VBO, GPX, NMEA), added support for as-is imports (VBO, NMEA)
- Refactor all dialogs, fixed dead locks
- Fixed VEEPEAK OBD adapter recognition
- Fixed a bug in track set conflict resolving
- Modernized launch screen for late iOS versions
- Modernized media handling and access to videos in particular
- Modernized various user interface areas for late iOS versions
- Renamed Camera Roll to Photos
- Changed OBD gauges in video overlays to appear if any lap has OBD, not only if all have it
- Added a health check for disconnected external sensors
- Allow manual track selection in Status if either Manual Timing is enabled or Performance View is selected
- Fast speed range selection for Performance View
- Fixed delta display of temperatures when using Fahrenheit
- Fixed a crash when returning from Video Preview
- Added sector and lap time display to video overlays again
- Added setting for HERO8
- Added support for the airVentDisplay (BMW e46 m3 GNSS and engine adapter)
- Added track subtype for Water (for Jetski, motorboat, sailing competition)
- Fixed crash when restoring a database
- Updated traditional Chinese translation
- Added build number to system information
- Massive refactoring in several areas
Ratings and Reviews
Incredible application, even better customer service
Been a user for few years and it’s quite honestly one of the best lap timer solutions (and not just among mobile apps). Other professional setups will cost you over $1000 when you factor in hardware but this app will fine on its own give you nearly same level of data acquisition. Best of all is Harry’s dedication to the community. He personally responds to all troubleshooting requests despite the majority of questions being repeat asks already covered in his FAQ and provides regular feature updates to the software. Anyone complaining about user difficulty didn’t spend the 5 mins to read the user guide.
You can’t beat it
I’ve been tracking Porsche’s for years. I’ve had $1000 systems such as Traqmate but that’s no longer sold and windows only support is tough. Porsche Track Precision app is terrible but HLT is super reliable. I use an external BT GPS and a BLE ODB adapter. Overall you just can’t beat HLT for cost to realizability to being able to dig into data. My only wish is if I could find 991.2 GT3 custom PID info for brake pressure and ESC like the Porsche track precision app.
Thank you Harry for continuing to improve an already amazing app.
PS I use the Grand Prix in app upgrade, worth every penny.
I’m completely blown away by the features and functionality of this app, and the documented support. There are so many things you can do with it, an incredible array of supported accessory devices, and with all the complexity available there is documentation and online support that makes it easy to work with. Best value it track software out there.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Harald Schlangmann
- 89.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Harald Schlangmann
- In-App Purchases
- Grand Prix Upgrade $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.