Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Hartford Courant's exclusive, premium storytelling on your iPhone and iPad.
• Stay informed with Connecticut's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• Quick link to our eNewspaper website
• Customize your font size for optimal legibility
• Download the app to enjoy enjoy a sampling of free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, the Hartford Courant website, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tribpub.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to the website from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 860-785-4888.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
Bug fixes and updates to the push notification platform.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Match Pictures to Stories
Overall nice job. When going from article to article however, sometimes the wrong picture loads for a story.
Next to impossible to use...
... unless what you’re looking for happens to be right in front of you. I get better results searching their Facebook page. They used to have a clickable front page which was great, but the only way to access the rest of the paper now is a category bar at the top of the page. So there’s literally no way to just read the paper from front to back.
The search function is unusable. Results come up with a photo (!) and a short headline but no date which is completely worthless. For example, there was an update on an accident in Cheshire two days ago that killed a child. When I tried to find the original article in the search bar even the article I was reading didn’t come up when I typed in “Cheshire”. It’s like trying to find a book in the library with no lights on. Frustrating and awful.
Unclear subscription prices
This is a good newspaper burdened by an opaque and deceptive subscription policy. The deal is you sign up at a highly discounted rate and then some months later (not stipulated) your credit card is suddenly charged a significantly higher amount. You call customer service (Phillipines, I think) and they knock down your rate for a few months and the same process is repeated. Nowhere is it possible to find a clear list of rates or any indication of the duration of the rate agreement. So, you are completely at their mercy regarding rate increases and they do not notify you when they increase. The editorial staff would be horrified that this is going on. Seems highly unethical, I think.
- Tribune Company
- 109.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2016 Hartford Courant
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Digital Access $19.99
- News App Only $19.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.