The STOP-DWI New York’s Have A Plan mobile application has been designed and created to encourage individuals who may have had too much to drink to Have A Plan when impaired. It also serves to provide interactive information on the dangers of being under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs and getting behind the wheel. Some of the Have A Plan app features include:
- Don’t Drive. Get a Ride: Uses your mobile device’s GPS-feature to identify any taxi services near where you are located. (NOTE: Not all services may be available). Also includes a feature allowing you to enter and store the names and numbers of people you would call if you were too impaired to drive. This way, you’ll always have a plan for a safe ride home!
- Have a Plan: Plan your night out on the town! Includes access to services for dining, travel, and tickets to all sorts of events.
- Test Your Skills: An interactive section of the app with 5 skill assessments that test your mobility, reaction time, memory and accuracy, all of which can be compromised when impaired. Please note that these games are not a definitive assessment of a person’s ability to drive. You can be arrested for DWI with a BAC under 0.08 if you show signs of impaired driving regardless of your ability to complete one of the games.
- Backwards It Spell: cognitive skill test featuring spelling words backwards
- Steady Now: skill test for stability
- Fill’er Up: skill test for precision and accuracy
- Pile High: skill test for reaction time
We hope people who take the time to download the app will share it with others to promote safe driving on New York roadways! Brought to you by the STOP-DWI New York with funding from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration through a grant from the New York State Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee.
Performance and stability updates
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App removed the BAC calculator which while I knew was inexact I used as teaching tool to show people how easy it was to reach high BAC. Also, games are impossible to win completely sober— every time I’ve played it has said I’m intoxicated which I know is not true since I haven’t been drinking at all. No parameters provided for what is a good score. Instills a sense of distrust.
Good reminder of alternate ride options and resources.
Dutch didn’t find it helpful
Hi my friend downloaded this hoping to find a plan to outrun the law men and the Pinkertons, unfortunately they kept finding us and we kept fighting them off, and then we ended up in an island but we found a way to get back, Dutch kept browsing hoping to find the plan that’s gonna save us all, but in the end Dutch went insane, I have tuberculosis, and all of our friends who didn’t die ran away, terrible app would not recommend to any outlaws
No towing listing
Why wouldn't you were included tow truck? There are people who don't like leaving their cars at the bar if they can't get a ride and don't want to take a taxi
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Element Creative, LLC
- 46.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Element Creative
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.