The Health Atlas by IHME app provides country-level findings from the Global Burden of Disease (GBD) for non-commercial use. They are based on more than 115,000 different data sources used by researchers to produce the most scientifically rigorous estimates possible. Estimates from the GBD study may differ from national statistics due to differences in data sources and methodology. For the first time, you can now access this wealth of data from anywhere on your mobile device.
• View profiles for nearly 200 countries
• Compare trends for each country from 1990 to 2017
• Discover leading causes of death and injury by gender, age group, and geography
• Determine which diseases lead to the most loss of healthy life
• Measure years lived with disability by cause
• Customize and filter the data displayed in each graph
• Easily copy graphs and embed them in emails, texts, documents, and presentations
• Share noteworthy findings with your friends and co-workers on social networks and other apps
The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) is an independent population health research center at UW Medicine, part of the University of Washington, that provides rigorous and comparable measurement of the world's most important health problems and evaluates the strategies used to address them. IHME makes this information freely available for non-commercial use so that policymakers have the evidence they need to make informed decisions about how to allocate resources to best improve population health. For commercial use of the findings, please contact IHME at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 GBD Data
Ratings and Reviews
It's incredible to have this amount of data in your pocket. Several times per week I pull out my phone and airplay charts to the projector during policy meetings. The ease of accessibility is unmatched!
The interactivity of the legends on the charts is cool.
- INSTITUTE FOR HEALTH METRICS AND EV
- 49.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 University of Washington
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.