Built by Canadian researchers, the popular HealtheStepsTM app gives you everything you need to get more active – built-in fitness test, personalized exercise prescription, goals, tracking, heart rate monitor and a virtual coach to keep you motivated. Perfect for beginners who want to get more active as well as more experienced exercisers looking for an evidence-based approach to improve their fitness.
Here’s how it works. You’ll:
• Pick your virtual coach
• Answer a few basic questions related to your health
• Do a simple “no-sweat” fitness test at home
• Get your fitness score and personalized exercise prescription (target exercise heart rate)
• Choose the type of activity you’d like to do (e.g. walking, cycling, fitness class)
• Use the built in heart rate monitor and pedometer to track your activities
• Get feedback, ideas and tips from your virtual coach
• Look up information as you need it from our library of resources
• Receive reminders about when it is time to re-do the fitness test
• Set new targets as your fitness level and stamina improve
Many people know they need to exercise more or may have been told by their healthcare provider to be more physically active because of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure or unhealthy weight. But it’s hard to know where to start and how much is enough. The HealtheStepsTM app will help you every step of the way. You don’t need any special equipment or a gym membership. Your virtual coach will guide you through this program designed to give you the benefits of a regular exercise program.
Overtime, you’ll see your fitness scores and activity levels go up! And we also think you’ll have more energy, sleep well, handle stress better and have a healthier blood pressure and heart rate.
Development of this Smartphone app was made possible through funding from the Public Health Agency of Canada and industry sponsors (Dairy Farmers of Canada, Sanofi-Aventis Canada, Sykes Assistance Services). Using this app will help contribute to important Canadian research. The information you enter will be grouped with that of other HealtheSteppers and will be absolutely confidential. Your name is not recorded and is never used in anyway by our researchers.
For more information about HealtheStepsTM visit: www.healthesteps.ca or follow-us on Twitter @HealtheSteps
If you want information about healthy eating check out the Dietitians of Canada website (www.dietitians.ca) and their new eaTracker app!
Based in London, Canada
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Added US Zip Code field
Added Ability to update previous pedometer values.
Fixed an issue with devices on IOS 7
The developer, Indivisual Clinical Outcomes Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Indivisual Clinical Outcomes Inc
- 19.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 Indivisual Clinical Outcomes Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.