3D4Medical in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine present the Heart Pro III. As featured in the WWDC 2012 Keynote Speech. This app was developed in partnership with Dr. Lacy E Harville III, MD, FACS.
OVERVIEW: The Heart Pro has already reached the number one position for Medical iPad apps (Top Paid and Top Grossing) in over 40 countries worldwide! The Heart Pro - Mac Edition is also built on 3D4Medical's new Nova Series technology.
In this upgrade 3D4Medical have added in several new features and several new animations for free. For those who need particular specialized animations, there are disease state animations available through the "in app purchase".
Please look at the short video which will show some of the features in this app: http://applications.3d4medical.com/heart_pro.php
The NEW Heart Pro III contains hundreds of improvements - here are a few:
• 360-degree, 3D horizontal rotation of the heart - with the swipe of your mouse.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views.
• 25 high quality free animations.
• 43 animations available for in-app purchase.
• 62 images isolating elements of the heart.
• 64 audio pronunciations for every label.
• 2 types of Quizzes - Drag and Drop and Multi-choice.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double click to Zoom - zoom into any view by clicking on the screen.
• Use your mouse to Cut - slice through the heart for coronal, sagittal and transverse cut views - use hints to learn how.
• Click the Scalpel - add or remove veins, arteries and tissue.
• Pins appear in both English and Latin.
• Customize Pins - add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Customize the App - using the settings function the user can choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses etc…
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select an item and the app will automatically zoom in and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas of the heart and / or animations to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Clear and Clean App!
I found the app easy to navigate and the clean graphics easily understood. My main purpose was to see how it might compare to other animal hearts for teaching veterinary medicine to animal technicians. The animations translate close enough to imagine similar medical situations in several other species. I think my students gained a better understanding of the heart and its' functions on a basic level.
Its not quite what I wanted, nor worth the money especially since you have to pay an extra 10$ to get more animations. I think the disease state videos are too simple to really gain an understanding of whats going on. It would be a great tool to explain the disease states to patients, but as a medical professional in training its not nearly enough detail. I wish that you could play videos in slow motion so that you could coordinate the abnormal heart rythems to the EKG. With that said, it would be extremely helpful for leaning anatomy.
This is an AWESOME APP!! I'm going to get all of them!
The animation and the grapic work takes all the guessing out of the organ your studying!
You have to TRY hard NOT to learn with this APP!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.