Heart Rate Variability Logger lets you record, plot and export time and frequency domain Heart Rate Variability Features (includes experience sampling, rr-interval correction, comparison between recordings, activity monitoring & step counting, location tracking).
- Extracts, plots, stores and exports heart rate, rr-intervals, time and frequency domain heart rate variability features (AVNN, SDNN, rMSSD, pNN50, LF, HF, LF/HF)
- Configurable experience sampling for events annotation
- Comparison between up to 3 recordings lets you get a better understanding of autonomic regulation and sympathetic/parasympathetic activity under different contexts in a glance
- Activity tracking: step counter or accelerometer derived motion intensity for user context (step counter only for iPhones 5S)
- Location tracking, either using GSM/WiFi networks (low battery consumption) or GPS (high accuracy)
- Configurable time window for features computation (choose between 30 seconds, 1, 2 or 5 minutes)
- RR-intervals correction can be enabled to prevent ectopic beats or artifacts from affecting HRV features
- export for Kubios
- Filters data based on the selected threshold
- Shows HR in the app icon
- Data export using iTunes or Dropbox
- Tested for recordings longer than 24 hours
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Heart Rate Variability Logger requires a Bluetooth Low Energy (also called Bluetooth Smart or BLE or 4.0) heart rate sensor (tested with: Polar H7, mio alpha and Armour39)
More details are available here: http://www.marcoaltini.com/2/post/2013/12/heart-rate-variability-logger-app-details.html
- UI adjustments
- compatibility with CorSense
Ratings and Reviews
Finally a no BS app.
Bloated apps can be infinitely frustrating for data collection and analysis. This app gives you straightforward data collection and analysis with a simple user interface. I will probably purchase other developer apps individually just to support him. Nice to see an app that doesn't try to exploit human weaknesses/impulses or cater everyone at once. 🤗
This is the best HRV app for people who like to track hrv data and then analyze it.
After Four Years It is Still the Best Out There
My iPhone 6S sent me a notification this morning, Screen Time had increased. I used HRV Logger for 33 hours 26 minutes last week. This reminded me that I was remiss in not reviewing this great app.
The features I appreciate the most are straightforward access to heart rate, RRi, and rMSSD via .csv file sharing. Without getting into details I can simply say that the ability this gives me to work independently with these data has revolutionized my understanding of the impact lifestyle choices and monitoring changes in exercise performance has on my overall health. Over four years of experience using HRV Logger has convinced me that working independently with the data it provides is a major contribution to living a healthy life and performing beyond my own expectations.
HRV Logger provides continuous monitoring of Heart Rate and Heart Rate Variability parameters from 5 minutes to more than 24 hours duration. HRV4Training on the other hand focuses on 2- to 5-minute monitoring every day in the morning before getting out of bed. This provides an awesome running assessment of your health, fitness, and readiness to train. In my estimation HRV Logger is a professional level companion to HRV4Training that can give you insight on the details of specific activities.
I am surprised that there are so few reviews for HRV Logger on itunes. Anyone, athlete, sports and outdoor recreation enthusiasts, those interested maintaining a healthy lifestyle or recovering from an injury, can benefit from HRV Logger and HRV4Training. Give them a try!
HRV Logger is a 5-Star+++ app, perhaps with a few quirks, that has worked well for me since 2014. Dr. Altini’s HRV Logger and HRV4Training are significant contributions to the field. I send him a very appreciative Thank You for giving me the tools to monitor my fitness and improve my health.
- A.S.M.A. B.V.
- 8.3 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Marco Altini 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.