Heart Rate Variability Logger lets you record, plot and export time, frequency and non-linear HRV Features (includes experience sampling, RR-interval correction, DFA alpha 1 for aerobic threshold estimation in real-time, comparison between recordings, activity monitoring & step counting, location tracking).
Heart Rate Variability Logger requires a Bluetooth Low Energy (also called Bluetooth Smart or BLE or 4.0) heart rate sensor (we recommend Polar H7 or H10)
- Extracts, plots, stores and exports heart rate, rr-intervals, time and frequency domain heart rate variability features (AVNN, SDNN, rMSSD, pNN50, LF, HF, LF/HF, alpha 1 from DFA)
- Configurable experience sampling for events annotation
- Comparison between up to 3 recordings lets you get a better understanding of differences in HRV under different contexts in a glance. The comparison modality includes also Outlier removal
- Activity tracking: step counter or accelerometer derived motion intensity for user context (step counter only for iPhones 5S)
- Location tracking, either using GSM/WiFi networks (low battery consumption) or GPS (high accuracy)
- Configurable time window for features computation (choose between 30 seconds, 1, 2 or 5 minutes)
- RR-intervals correction can be enabled to prevent ectopic beats or artifacts from affecting HRV features
- export for Kubios
- Filters data based on the selected threshold
- Shows HR in the app icon
- Data export using iTunes or Dropbox
- Tested for recordings longer than 24 hours
Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- added button to logout and login from Dropbox, under Settings, which was missing for older iPhones
For any feedback / questions, please use @altini_marco on Twitter, thank you
Ratings and Reviews
Update V4.6.8 Working on iPad
Thank you for the iPad update, have made and saved several measurements. Sensor selection is appreciated. I will check your web site to get more information on the “Workout” correction factor. More aggressive at higher heart rate makes sense but I would like to understand the details better.
The addition of DFA alpha1 is quite interesting. I will have to do some research as I have not used this feature in the past.
HRV Logger is a great tool for monitoring performance over longer periods of time. Thank You.
Finally a no BS app.
Bloated apps can be infinitely frustrating for data collection and analysis. This app gives you straightforward data collection and analysis with a simple user interface. I will probably purchase other developer apps individually just to support him. Nice to see an app that doesn't try to exploit human weaknesses/impulses or cater everyone at once. 🤗
Interesting data and helps set Aero TH
Used alpha one measurement and exported to a numbers to graph against HR. Interesting to see how it changes when you are not recovered also. Would be nice to see pacing information added to data
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- A.S.M.A. B.V.
- 12.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Marco Altini 2013
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.