* Added Retina display support
* Share with your friends which titles are currently on your Heavy rotation list
* Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good app overall.
The only major issue I have with it is the controls have a "stop" button, but not a "pause" button. With a "pause" button instead, it would be a five-star app.
A decent app with a bright future
I was looking for an app that I could use to control iTunes in the menu bar, and didn't really want to pay a lot of money for somehting so simple. Heavy Rotation met a lot of my needs, I and have just have a few suggestions for them to improve. I understand that the app is fairly new (there are no reviews or ratings yet!) and I hope that it will change and be updated.
1) It doesn't go with the current iOS layout. Apple is really into solid greys and transparent windows right now, and this being a solid and flat window, it looks very out of place. I'd suggest putting a outter bevel on the app, as well as making it slightly transparent. The all caps text in the controls also looks weird. All caps, especially when the font isn't an all caps font, or if the text isn't bold, is really not appropriate in UI design. That being said, the all caps text for song titles and band names does look good.
2) Change the menu icon to something that is more related to music. I understand that the fan is a Heavy Rotation icon, but one doesn't associate it with music.
3) Add controls next to the menu icon so one can skip songs directly from the menu bar. OR add a shortcut key control, so one can bring the window up automatically to view the currently playing song or to skip.
4) Add the album artwork to the dropdown window and to the Growl/alerts popup.
5) Change the default setting to not show the app in the dock, and just keep it in the menu. That is the first setting I changed when I opened the app.
Easy and elegant way to access your iTunes controls. As a sweet bonus, automatically organize music. Thank you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.