With the help of augmented reality, see how HERE Automotive uses the collective intelligence of all vehicles on the road to create a real-time, digital representation of the world.
Using just a simple printout and a tablet or a smartphone, you can produce a dynamic representation of predictive navigation with self-learning capabilities that will support the autonomous driving of tomorrow.
HERE AR City Model uses San Francisco city as a model to visualize the following features:
• The foundation of location intelligence
• A highly accurate map for automated driving
• Living maps
• Automotive embedded software
Following these steps will help you use the app to its full potential.
1. Download the HERE AR City Model app from the App Store and follow the installation instructions.
2. Open the app and point the camera at a flat surface.
3. Tap on the screen and place the city model on the surface.
4. Adjust the focus and hover your device over the surface.
5. *If you have devices older than iPhone 6 or iPad 2017 models, please download and print the map https://t.her.is/2KonqLF and place it on a flat surface.
6. *Open the app and point the camera at the map printout.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions and discover all features of the HERE AR City Model app.
Ratings and Reviews
San Francisco map
Is the app limited to San Francisco mapping till now or there is a way to change this random choice
Really cool stuff
I think this is a demo of the connected car navigation that can expanded to self driving cars, but I see so much potential in this app. In the old days we would plan our trips on a paper map. Can you imagine doing that in an AR environment and then you can pull out your phone and display the map anywhere, see where you are, and interact with said map? Lots of potential here.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.